Status
Not open for further replies.

SkilledDragonMaster

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
I have an i7 2600k, and it seems to be stuck at 1596.4 MHz even though it's supposed to be at 3.4 GHz (didn't overclock yet). Is it because I am not doing anything CPU intensive? If not, how do I fix this? I have provided a picture of the screenshot:

6BbrA.png

Solution
The frequency drop is normal for an idling CPU. It goes up when the CPU gets some work to do. The speed changes very rapidly, so if you want to monitor it, run software that will update more frequently. Even RealTemp will do. Run it, give the CPU something to do, and watch the clock skyrocket.
The rating change can be related to several things. I see only your GPU rating changed. Try doing a proper CLEAN driver update. Also keep in mind that the scores are adjusted over time.

SkilledDragonMaster

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011

Also, why did my Windows rating go down?

Before:

0Ja8L.png

After:

19YNo.png

*Btw hard drive is an old one for now, ordered a new one.

Jay_83

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
The frequency drop is normal for an idling CPU. It goes up when the CPU gets some work to do. The speed changes very rapidly, so if you want to monitor it, run software that will update more frequently. Even RealTemp will do. Run it, give the CPU something to do, and watch the clock skyrocket.
The rating change can be related to several things. I see only your GPU rating changed. Try doing a proper CLEAN driver update. Also keep in mind that the scores are adjusted over time.

Solution

SkilledDragonMaster

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
Thanks, I updated the driver to a beta update and it went back up. Do you have any things that can make my CPU do some work? I have some CPU intensive games, I just wanted to know if there was a quicker alternative to see if my CPU was functioning properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.