Chloe leaves at Tree of Life

I have a female human fighter/mage protagonist, Imoen and Chloe. In the Tree
of Life conversation she leaves the group leaving me without another tank.
She's not in a romance with the protagonist (I tried to get it working but
didn't happen). She's very friendly with Imoen but I dunno if the romance
between them has started, the love talk doesn't seem to have happened. How
can I stop her leaving; is there some global variables that I can change, if
not, will I will be able to pick her up somewhere (if not in SoA then in
ToB?)

Here are the existing variables:
CHLOEADVICESABOUTFLASKYCR 1
CHLOEGTKUCR -1
CHLOEGTKUWHENCAMPINGCR 2
CHLOEINTEREST 7
CHLOEQUESTIONSCR 15
CHLOEROMANCEACTIVECR 3
--

Burning_Ranger

To email: aziz@aziz1removethisbit.fsnet.co.uk

"Burning_Ranger" <aziz@NOSPAMaziz99.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message

Are you still stuck?

I don't know anything definite about this...

don't want to raise your hopes too much...

but read on!

> I have a female human fighter/mage protagonist, Imoen and Chloe. In the
Tree
> of Life conversation she leaves the group leaving me without another tank.
> She's not in a romance with the protagonist (I tried to get it working but
> didn't happen). She's very friendly with Imoen but I dunno if the romance
> between them has started, the love talk doesn't seem to have happened. How
> can I stop her leaving; is there some global variables that I can change,
if
> not, will I will be able to pick her up somewhere (if not in SoA then in
> ToB?)

Here's two suggestions, though I don't know that they'll work:

1) If you change the chloeromance active variable to 1 then
the game should treat her as being in an active romance with
your character. It seems though that there's some other variable
that determines whether she stays or leaves (chloeinterest?) so
I'm not sure that simply changing the romanceactive variable will
accomplish anything.

2) The stock NPCs will have no Tree of Life conversation if the
player character is out of sight. So, try having Chloe well away
from the PC when she initiates the ToL conversation.

BTW, unless it has recently been finished there is no ToB Chloe.

kevin wrote:
> "Burning_Ranger" <aziz@NOSPAMaziz99.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> Here's two suggestions, though I don't know that they'll work:
>
> 1) If you change the chloeromance active variable to 1 then
> the game should treat her as being in an active romance with
> your character. It seems though that there's some other variable
> that determines whether she stays or leaves (chloeinterest?) so
> I'm not sure that simply changing the romanceactive variable will
> accomplish anything.

Thanks. I tried this, but started with setting it to 2 (read some forum
threads about this) and it worked. Although the romance did start suddenly.

--

"Burning_Ranger" wrote:

> Thanks. I tried this, but started with setting it to 2 (read some forum
> threads about this) and it worked. Although the romance did start
suddenly.

Great.
BTW, if you know - what is the diff between activeromance 1 and 2?

kevin wrote:
> "Burning_Ranger" wrote:
>
>> Thanks. I tried this, but started with setting it to 2 (read some
>> forum threads about this) and it worked. Although the romance did
>> start suddenly.
>
> Great.
> BTW, if you know - what is the diff between activeromance 1 and 2?

No sorry, never did find out what 1 did, most people who had prolems had
them solved by changing it to 2 rather than 1.

--

"kevin" <completely@invalid.com> wrote in message

> "Burning_Ranger" wrote:
>
>> Thanks. I tried this, but started with setting it to 2 (read some forum
>> threads about this) and it worked. Although the romance did start
> suddenly.
>
> Great.
> BTW, if you know - what is the diff between activeromance 1 and 2?

1 means you're in the romance, but not committed to that character yet, and
2 means you're committed to that NPC. So you can be in RomanceActive 1 with
a bunch of NPCs, but unless you cheat, you can only be in RomanceActive 2
with one NPC.

"neriana" <neriana@excite.com> wrote in message

> 1 means you're in the romance, but not committed to that character yet,
and
> 2 means you're committed to that NPC. So you can be in RomanceActive 1
with
> a bunch of NPCs, but unless you cheat, you can only be in RomanceActive 2
> with one NPC.

Thanks - that makes sense.