REALLY low fps in bad company 2

ImCharming

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
I just put my computer back together yesterday, it's been down for about a month due to complications and fried parts. I was playing bad company 2 yesterday and I was getting some bad fps lag. I ended up overclocking my cards to try to get better performance but it didn't help much.

Specs:
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

xfx hd6870 crossfire'd

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 4GB DDR3 1600

MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX

Thermaltake TR2 TRX-750M 750W

cpu and both gpus are water cooled

I had to get another motherboard and CPU because I fried them because I did something stupid, I won't get into that though. Before I had a AMD phenom II 970 on a ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3. I was playing that fine, no lag at all, all settings on high. Well when I play now I get super fps lag, I got fraps to see my fps and it was at around 10-15. Why would this be? Even if I was running a single card on max I should be getting better than 10-15 fps. The only thing I can think of is the motherboard, it is x16/x4, the one I had before was x16/x8 crossfired x8/x8. But I don't know how much of a difference that would truly make. Or is it the CPU? I don't know. Any help? :S thanks!

ImCharming

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
Well hmm. I changed a few settings Bloom to false and RenderAheadLimit from 2 to 0, I'm getting 60-100 fps now, all high settings so I think I'm good. Or maybe it was the fact that I had my webcam on on skype that was causing this, but I don't think so.