FX-4100 or FX-6100?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint7269

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
So witch one would you guy/girls pick? It will be for gaming and general internet use. It will also be teamed with one of the new AMD 7000+ GPU's or 2 in the near future. I'm not saying I'm going to run right out and buy one. I would just like to hear for some of the people running them. I have an AM3+ build I built over the summer. This is my build ATM if you want to see it. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/320049-28-will-athlon-bottleneck-7000

Solution
discontinue phenom ii's is the worst thing amd has ever done, really, i would say, if you can get 955 from a local store, get it or just get a zosma and be extremely happy

loneninja

Distinguished
I would get a Phenom II before either of those processors, but between the 2 I would grab the FX 6100, it's at least able to match a Phenom II X4 in most tasks due to having more cores. FX 4100 is SLOW, without overclocking its actually slower than your Athlon II X4 lol

smokeymicpot42

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2010
Amd fx isn't as bad as every makes it out to be. Yes its not the intel killer we all knew it wasn't going to be. But it is what amd needed to move forward something new. MAybe piledriver won't be much but look how long it takes amd to come back the readon 2k sucked but 3k got a little but and now people love the 6k line. amd is haven to do the same thing with its cpu. I had the p2 955 black for 2 years and it was ok. I had it over clocked to 3.8 gigs. I now have the amd fx 8120 over clocked to 4.3 gig and it dose in the real world feel faster. Im not a intel fan as i have only ran a intel chip once and it blew up on start up never got to see ***. I have been using amd since k5 pr 166 most people here don't even know what that is. All im trying to say is amd has never gone away and never will. If you can't get your hands on a p2 1090t than i would get a amd fx 6 or 8 core. PS the 990fx boards suck vrm burn out Had to get a new crosshair 5 since my sabertooth could not handle at stock speeds.

Even worse an Athlon x4 killer lol. Maybe compete with Phenom 1 but not much else. Maybe a hog of an app that can scale beyond 4 or more cores it does somewhat ok when Intel's hyper threading shows it's weaknesses.

manu 11

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
discontinue phenom ii's is the worst thing amd has ever done, really, i would say, if you can get 955 from a local store, get it or just get a zosma and be extremely happy

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.