Build revision

sowexly

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
I would like to setup a new build but I will be keeping my RAM, GPU and SSD.

I have 8Gbs of Corsair Dominator GT @1866
120GB Vertex 3
PCS+ 6970

I will likely be going with Intel because I don't see BD getting the power I want for games.

With that in mind I only need a new PSU, Case, Motherboard, CPU, HDD.

I will likely go with Corsair or OCZ (likely ~850-1000w) for my PSU, I'm not sure on the case yet.
I would like maximum overclock capability so I think the i5 2500k would be the best choice now.
My HDD will be Black Caviar SATA III 64Mb Cache 1Tb maybe a 2nd later on for RAID

I don't know what Motherboard to get to ensure the best clocks for my CPU and RAM (help please!)
I will likely want a full size case because I'm fond of the H100 cooler by Corsair.

To top it all off I would like this to all cost around $1000 if it needs more to get there I can wait I want to ensure I get the best.

Solution
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/ [...] ild-advice

Hey friend, you should follow this format so that the regulars here can easily help you with your new build. ^_^

sowexly

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
I was more so looking for some advice on the best motherboard for 1155 because I'm not sure if P67 or Z68 is better for overclocking.

I was also taking suggestions for Cases and PSUs or if anyone else would care to suggest other brands or even a whole different approach to the build.