Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

AGAIN........PLease help with my pc config

Last response: in Systems
Share
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
September 6, 2011 6:05:48 AM

Dont get me wrong. Thanks for guys who answered my questions. It helped but this site is lacking.. It seems my last thread got cycled to the last page in the cyst pool of unanswered questions within home built in the first day..Ireally need you honest technical experience in this otherwise people you are really wasting my time. As an ex soldier I have a timeline to meet and I got a recommend from this site and heard alot of good things but most of these threads i have read dont have any answers to questions for the who took the time to asked these just people dont give a ***. This homebuilt thread is saturated with unanswered threads or 1 or 2 answers to each thread and really it shows people in general dont want to help out us new builders and rather tell us to *** off and figure it out for yourself. So again my pc Config for anyone who gives a *** :

Corsair TX650W or a 750Power Supply
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item...

Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8 Vengeance 8GB PC12800 DDR3 RAM - 1600MHz, 2x4096MB, Non-ECC, Unbuffered, 8-8-8-24
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item...


Intel Core i5-2500K BX80623I52500 Unlocked Processor - Quad Core,
Self Explanatory tigerdirect)


ASUS Sabertooth P67 B3 TUF Edition Motherboard
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item...


EVGA 01G-P3-1561-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti Free Performance Boost Video Card - 1GB
Self Explanatory tigerdirect)

Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black Hard Drive
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item...

ASUS 24X DVD Burner or better any recommends??????


So I bid you adew and hoepfully I can get mmore then 2 responses. If it it cycled again welll fuckit and good luck to the rest of you.....

More about : config

a c 136 B Homebuilt system
September 6, 2011 6:34:53 AM

I think your motherboard is flashy , and a waste of money since it wont add to performance .
You can spend $80 less and get the exact same performance .
Score
0
September 6, 2011 8:51:14 AM

^ Second that. Don't get Sabertooth. Just go for P8P67 Pro or P8Z68-V Pro.

Get Corsair HX650 modular PSU. It should be enough for GTX 560 Ti's, correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, replace that WD Caviar with a Samsung Spinpoint F3 - cheaper and faster, AFAIK.

Otherwise is good.
Score
0
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
September 6, 2011 9:03:40 AM

Unless the price difference is very minor its probably not worth paying for CL8 RAM either, CL9 1600MHz would be fine.

PSU - 750w+ for SLI 560Ti's OR 500w for Single Card 560Ti

650w PSU would be over spending or under performing. Once again, 500w for single card, 750w if you want to SLI.
Score
0
September 6, 2011 9:18:21 AM

^ It's 550W for a single 560 Ti. And I've been told many times that 650 is enough for SLI 560 Ti's. So I'm not sure... in any case, make sure you take a modular PSU if your budget allows it.

You can also get a 6950 instead of 560 Ti.
Score
0
a b B Homebuilt system
September 6, 2011 9:21:31 AM

Your wrong :) 

GeForce GTX 560 Ti
On your average system the card requires you to have a 500 Watt power supply unit.

GeForce GTX 560 Ti in 2-way SLI
A second card requires you to add another ~175 Watts. You need a 700+ Watt power supply unit if you use it in a high-end system (800+ to a KiloWatt is recommended if you plan on any overclocking).

Measured power consumption (Single Card)

Advertised GeForce TDP = 170W
System in IDLE = 175W
System Wattage with GPU in FULL Stress = 319W
Difference (GPU load) = 144 W
Add average IDLE wattage ~ 25W
Subjective obtained GPU power consumption = ~ 169 Watts


Measured power consumption (SLI)

System in IDLE = 201W
System Wattage with GPU in FULL Stress = 449W
Difference (GPU load) = 248W
Add average IDLE wattage ~ 50W
Subjective obtained GPU power consumption = ~ 298 Watts
Score
0
September 6, 2011 9:31:23 AM

^ I've seen a lot of people on this site who say that 750W is overkill for SLI 560 Ti's, but whatever. Let's NOT turn this thread into the same thing that pissed the OP off last time. 750W? Fine with me, excess never hurts. Just make sure it's modular (Corsair HX750).
Score
0
a b B Homebuilt system
September 6, 2011 9:37:19 AM

amk-aka-Phantom said:
^ I've seen a lot of people on this site who say that 750W is overkill for SLI 560 Ti's, but whatever. Let's NOT turn this thread into the same thing that pissed the OP off last time. 750W? Fine with me, excess never hurts. Just make sure it's modular (Corsair HX750).


I agree with going Modular :D 

XFX Pro Edition PSU's are good quality and considerably cheaper than the HX750 from what I remember. Ill get some links now.

XFX $135
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...
Corsair $150
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

Not as much price difference as i thought, both are very good PSU's though.
Score
0
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
September 6, 2011 2:30:51 PM

Outlander_04 said:
I think your motherboard is flashy , and a waste of money since it wont add to performance .
You can spend $80 less and get the exact same performance .

am not coed with flashy outlander. I dont do flashy. I am after a concrete warranty as I have read some interesting pc component failure rates. I want something that is stood behind and has a good rep. Just for that motherboard I did close a year of research and a number of diffrent factors. Customer reviews from all over the web. Customer satisfaction, performance and above all a company who has some balls and doesnt put a 30 day warranty on it. Thanks for the info much appreciated. Cheers...
Score
0
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
September 6, 2011 2:35:26 PM

AdrianPerry said:
Unless the price difference is very minor its probably not worth paying for CL8 RAM either, CL9 1600MHz would be fine.

PSU - 750w+ for SLI 560Ti's OR 500w for Single Card 560Ti

650w PSU would be over spending or under performing. Once again, 500w for single card, 750w if you want to SLI.



Hi again Adrian again thanks for taking the time again and responding. Originally I has a PCI E audio card to fit in with the card on the MOBO. I am contemplating SLI mode as you have another card, another headache, more coin and a Huge A S S electricty bill at the end of the moth. Your thoughts on SLI mode? Is it really that worth it? Again thanks and I look forward to your reply.
Score
0
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
September 6, 2011 2:49:41 PM

AdrianPerry said:
I agree with going Modular :D 

XFX Pro Edition PSU's are good quality and considerably cheaper than the HX750 from what I remember. Ill get some links now.

XFX $135
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...
Corsair $150
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

Not as much price difference as i thought, both are very good PSU's though.



I am planning on corsair all the way. Bare with my spelling guys I am typing to fast and have not had my morning cup of coffee. I am not illiterate just sleep deprived and coffeeless. I am taking modular as being boxlike like or box form? Not familar with the types of PSU's. My concern with a PSU is how eeficient it is, warranty, has it got a 80 plus rating, customer satisfaction ect ect and so forth. Like I said to Adrian I am debating on the SLI mode. I would like to see what I am blowing holes as a sniper and the extra umph in a tank tearing up the everything in its path, but I am one for not having this huge power bill at the end of the month. In times of recession everyone has to be responsible and I am doing my part. I have even debated on the earthwatts PSU but it does not have some of the things I am looking for in a PSU. Cheers...
Score
0
a b B Homebuilt system
September 6, 2011 3:27:42 PM

SLI GTX 560Ti's will perform and outperform a single GTX 580 at a slightly lower price.

As of today, right now, a single GTX 560Ti will run all current games in maxed settings with a very good FPS aside from CRYSIS and METRO 2033 (which hover around the 25-35 fps mark).

Future games, such as BF3 and Skyrim are said to be much more demanding than games we are currently used to. This is where SLI could prove to be a "best option".

The difference between modular and non-modular is that you only connect the cables you need to the PSU/components, with a non modular PSU you may have lots of lose ends not actually attached to anything and can cause your case to look rather messy.

80PLUS RATING. Once again your very right, i certainly wouldn't recommend anything that didn't have an 80PLUS. Bronze is a satisfactory level, but at 750w and above you might want something with a little more credibility. Hence the 750w XFX and Corsair recommended are both 80PLUS Silver.

Your best, long and short term, money concious option, in my own opinion, which i have personally done myself when i build my PC a few months back:
I bought a single GTX 560Ti, a XFX 750w Silver Rated PSU and a Motherboard with SLI support.

Right now my build runs perfect for everything i desire from it. The key part is that if i ever need more GPU performance, im already set up for SLI, i literally just need to buy another card. No messing about needing an entirely new motherboard or a new PSU, its all there, ready to go.
^^
While i see this as the best option, its obviously fairly "budget - dependant". The inital cost of buying a better motherboard and SLI capable PSU is noticeably more than a single-card oriented build.
Score
0
September 6, 2011 3:57:16 PM

2 things:

1 - Use 1.5V RAM.

2 - Where is your cooler? Are you going to use a stock cooler with your i5 2500K?!?!?! I bloody hope not.
Score
0
September 6, 2011 4:04:18 PM

The only reason in the world to get a 2500K is that you are going to overclock it. Otherwise get a 2500 and a cheap-assed H67 motherboard. And to overclock it you are goping to need a large case (any decent MIDI tower will do) and a good cooler. There are lots of good coolers, I would recommend Thermaltake and Scythe. I have a Scythe Mugen 2 with 2 fans on it and it works great.

And I would agree about the motherboard. You dont need the sabertooth. TBH if you are sooo fussed about quality of hardware, then get an MSI mobo. They have superior power handling and 'Military Class' components. I have one and its been great (the GD65).
Score
0
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
September 6, 2011 5:02:19 PM

AdrianPerry said:
SLI GTX 560Ti's will perform and outperform a single GTX 580 at a slightly lower price.

As of today, right now, a single GTX 560Ti will run all current games in maxed settings with a very good FPS aside from CRYSIS and METRO 2033 (which hover around the 25-35 fps mark).

Future games, such as BF3 and Skyrim are said to be much more demanding than games we are currently used to. This is where SLI could prove to be a "best option".

The difference between modular and non-modular is that you only connect the cables you need to the PSU/components, with a non modular PSU you may have lots of lose ends not actually attached to anything and can cause your case to look rather messy.

80PLUS RATING. Once again your very right, i certainly wouldn't recommend anything that didn't have an 80PLUS. Bronze is a satisfactory level, but at 750w and above you might want something with a little more credibility. Hence the 750w XFX and Corsair recommended are both 80PLUS Silver.

Your best, long and short term, money concious option, in my own opinion, which i have personally done myself when i build my PC a few months back:
I bought a single GTX 560Ti, a XFX 750w Silver Rated PSU and a Motherboard with SLI support.

Right now my build runs perfect for everything i desire from it. The key part is that if i ever need more GPU performance, im already set up for SLI, i literally just need to buy another card. No messing about needing an entirely new motherboard or a new PSU, its all there, ready to go.
^^
While i see this as the best option, its obviously fairly "budget - dependant". The inital cost of buying a better motherboard and SLI capable PSU is noticeably more than a single-card oriented build.



Adrian, Wow is there a way I can add you as a fav. Just reading your replies are quite informative and you put at a level that everyone can understand. Sir my hat goes to you. I am actually planning the route you have. All I have to do is buy a card and whella. The key ingredient here is I am done with DELL and I want to have something I can work with and not have a headache. Granted its technology and it does come with a headache but I can work with it. Dell makes it nearly impossible to tinker and they are a nightmare. That is why I am taking this route. I looked at alienware and what a joke.I am a hands on learner and I would get some enjoyment out of my own build. XFX I am not to keen on but corsair I will definetely change my config to meet my needs with your suggestion and my`future needs` What are your thoughts on the MOBO. Bare with me my keyboard is acting up no question mark. I play BF2 currently and will gear up towrds BF3 when the hype slows down a bit.
Score
0
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
September 6, 2011 5:11:24 PM

RickyT23 said:
The only reason in the world to get a 2500K is that you are going to overclock it. Otherwise get a 2500 and a cheap-assed H67 motherboard. And to overclock it you are goping to need a large case (any decent MIDI tower will do) and a good cooler. There are lots of good coolers, I would recommend Thermaltake and Scythe. I have a Scythe Mugen 2 with 2 fans on it and it works great.

And I would agree about the motherboard. You dont need the sabertooth. TBH if you are sooo fussed about quality of hardware, then get an MSI mobo. They have superior power handling and 'Military Class' components. I have one and its been great (the GD65).


Ricky thanks for the info. Again bare with me I am new at this. Its my first build be gentle. I was going to use a stock cooler but after reading your post I wont. I will upgrade to a coolermaster. Thanks for the heads up. With the MSI board what is the warranty length and how is the customer support. If either is low I wont go with it. I have had to go down that route before and well you get the picture. As for the overclocking, I dont have the experience and I dont want to wreck my pc if I dont know how to do something. I am a fairly conservative that way. Maybe in time but as it stands currently I wont be. Yes I am going 1.5 as I had someone point that out to me before in a previous post. Again thanks.
Score
0
a b B Homebuilt system
September 6, 2011 5:29:57 PM

Glad to be of assistance :) 

Right, motherboards:
There's only really 2 chipset types you should be considering with the i5-2500k, the P67 and the Z68. Both support CPU overclocking, and both support GPU overclocking. Performance wise, they are as good as each other. Z68 is usually slightly more expensive due to a couple of extra features such as "Lucid Virtu" and "SSD Caching".

Now, i have not personally checked any reviews, other than unboxing previews for this motherboard, but its getting alot of attention and recommendations all over these forums currently: the ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 z68. The reason its getting alot of attention is because it supports the new Ivybridge processors (due to release next year) and supports PCI 3.0 (currently all "good" motherboards support 2.0).

The motherboard is well priced, supports SLI, supports OC'd RAM...all in all, its got alot to offer for its price of $125
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Next up -
GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 - $122
Once again a z68 motherboard, with SLI support, OC'd RAM support but without the "future proof" PCI 3.0 lanes
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Unless your into spending more like $200 on a motherboard for things like a few more power phases or extra SATA ports, the 2 motherboards listed above are probably your best two options and support everything your build needs.

ASUS motherboards are amongst my favourite however your looking at paying upwards of $160 just to get that SLI support. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...




A quick insight to Overclocking and CPU Cooling:

i5-2500k, the K should equal KING to be honest because the it really does have huge overclocking potential.
The processor comes stock at 3.3GHz. You can expect to get 4GHz+ purely with the stock CPU cooler. Possibly even up to as high as 4.2GHz.
Due to built in motherboard features, its not necessary to know exactly how to overclock. Gigabyte, ASUS, ASRock and MSI all have "auto-overclocking" software included with the motherboard drivers in which the motherboard will safely test and clock up the CPU to its highest stable/safe limit.
Im using a fairly cheap "Arctic Freezer 13 92mm CPU cooler" and using ASUS auto-overclock i was able to reach 4.5GHz just by letting the motherboard do it for me.
Investing $30 or so into something like "Hyper 212+" is recommended to get the most performance out of your CPU for a relativly small cost.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Score
0
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
September 6, 2011 7:21:59 PM

Now I am going to see what I will have with all the recommendations. Crunch some numbers. I appreciate everyones time with this. Adrian or you an IT or self taught. Bare with me my question mark keeps doing this: É Cant remember how to fix that. I think I have something to work with here and it looks good. I am looking forward to ` retiring` my DELL and see what kinda monster I can create on a budget. Like I said conservative.... Cheers guys and I will be in touch. Adrian again thank you....
Score
0
September 6, 2011 7:54:20 PM

Good luck on your build. One other consideration: how about the Corsair CWCH50-1 Hydro H50 CPU Liquid Cooler, only $70 from our friends at TigerDirect. You can buy one additional fan so that you are blowing into and back out of the radiator (push-pull) to add a little bit of cooling, although it does not make as big a difference as it might seem. Really seems to work better than most air-cooled CPU fans in my experience. Again, have fun & good luck!
Score
0
a b B Homebuilt system
September 6, 2011 9:37:04 PM

Quote:
Now I am going to see what I will have with all the recommendations. Crunch some numbers. I appreciate everyones time with this. Adrian or you an IT or self taught. Bare with me my question mark keeps doing this: É Cant remember how to fix that. I think I have something to work with here and it looks good. I am looking forward to ` retiring` my DELL and see what kinda monster I can create on a budget. Like I said conservative.... Cheers guys and I will be in touch. Adrian again thank you....


Mostly im "self taught / self educated" but over the past 6 months i've been doing an IT Apprenticeship course gaining some good recognised qualifications which has really helped with my understanding of various aspects of IT.

I had a chance to look into some reviews on the ASRock EXTREME3 GEN3 motherboard as well that i recommended earlier. It seems currently many people are having issues with the BIOS and overclocking. While the board is relatively new, this is apprently to be "expected" and will be patched fairly quick. However when your putting your build together and putting together a "final list" it might be worth just double checking those reviews and see if anything has been fixed. After all its not going to be much fun buying a brand new build and running into problems from the word GO.

Other than that, i look forward to seeing your final build list :) 
Score
0
a b B Homebuilt system
September 6, 2011 10:05:53 PM

AdrianPerry said:
Your wrong :) 

GeForce GTX 560 Ti
On your average system the card requires you to have a 500 Watt power supply unit.

GeForce GTX 560 Ti in 2-way SLI
A second card requires you to add another ~175 Watts. You need a 700+ Watt power supply unit if you use it in a high-end system (800+ to a KiloWatt is recommended if you plan on any overclocking).

Measured power consumption (Single Card)

Advertised GeForce TDP = 170W
System in IDLE = 175W
System Wattage with GPU in FULL Stress = 319W
Difference (GPU load) = 144 W
Add average IDLE wattage ~ 25W
Subjective obtained GPU power consumption = ~ 169 Watts


Measured power consumption (SLI)

System in IDLE = 201W
System Wattage with GPU in FULL Stress = 449W
Difference (GPU load) = 248W
Add average IDLE wattage ~ 50W
Subjective obtained GPU power consumption = ~ 298 Watts

I'd just like to point out that you posted proof that a quality 650w PSU is plenty for SLI 560 ti's, not to beat a dead horse.
Score
0
September 6, 2011 10:06:57 PM

The way you wrote your original post is quite immature. You come asking for help, but say the site is lacking and to stop wasting your time, then you request help again.

Dont get your feelings so personally hurt when your questions aren't answered on the internet. While we try to help each other out, we are not hear just for you. The questions that go unanswered are usually the exact same questions that are asked 5000 times a day.
If you simply do a search you can find the answers to your questions without relying on anyone else in the world.

Score
0
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
September 7, 2011 12:01:05 AM

Well its quite simple. Tom.... Its my thread your in my bubble .....I needed help and I got it from someone who took the time to help me cause im in a jam dont have the knowledge like you may think you have leadhead.Please dont come in with your negativity. I dont respond well to negative people.
Score
0
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
September 7, 2011 12:03:24 AM

cuecuemore said:
I'd just like to point out that you posted proof that a quality 650w PSU is plenty for SLI 560 ti's, not to beat a dead horse.

Actaully he explained like I could understand it and that works for me and thats all that counts. Thanks Adrian..
Score
0
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
September 7, 2011 12:09:12 AM

tomskent said:
The way you wrote your original post is quite immature. You come asking for help, but say the site is lacking and to stop wasting your time, then you request help again.

Dont get your feelings so personally hurt when your questions aren't answered on the internet. While we try to help each other out, we are not hear just for you. The questions that go unanswered are usually the exact same questions that are asked 5000 times a day.
If you simply do a search you can find the answers to your questions without relying on anyone else in the world.


Also Tom.... We human posesess a quality that comes out when things are not working....its called frustration. "If you simply do a search you can find the answers to your questions without relying on anyone else in the world". Google it u may find an answer knowit all.

Score
0
a b B Homebuilt system
September 7, 2011 3:51:34 AM

Quote:
Well its quite simple. Tom.... Its my thread your in my bubble .....I needed help and I got it from someone who took the time to help me cause im in a jam dont have the knowledge like you may think you have leadhead.Please dont come in with your negativity. I dont respond well to negative people.


NO! That kind of response is not allowed.

I understand the frustration of not having answers to your questions, but you can't respond in that manner.
Score
0
September 7, 2011 4:10:48 AM

cuecuemore said:
I'd just like to point out that you posted proof that a quality 650w PSU is plenty for SLI 560 ti's, not to beat a dead horse.


Lol, that's what I noticed, too, but I don't need to start a flame war... not here, at least :D 
Score
0
a b B Homebuilt system
September 7, 2011 4:29:37 AM

amk-aka-Phantom said:
Lol, that's what I noticed, too, but I don't need to start a flame war... not here, at least :D 

Certainly wasn't trying to, was actually trying to help, but should have known better.
Score
0
September 7, 2011 4:50:48 AM

cuecuemore said:
Certainly wasn't trying to, was actually trying to help, but should have known better.


No, I wasn't referring to your post! I just explained why I didn't argue with him when he posted these numbers - I didn't want to argue, just wasn't in the mood. Your post was actually helpful... heh, I was still wondering: "Was I the only one who noticed? Better keep silent... maybe it's not that simple and I'm wrong..." :lol: 
Score
0
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
September 7, 2011 5:49:42 AM

aford10 said:
NO! That kind of response is not allowed.

I understand the frustration of not having answers to your questions, but you can't respond in that manner.

PLease have not post in thread. s simpleIf he feels the desire to he escalating something he should be. Basically I dont wan him in thread plain and simple and counter productive. On top he isnsulted me so really MODERATOR get agrip on him or I will.
Score
0
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
September 7, 2011 5:51:53 AM

cuecuemore said:
Certainly wasn't trying to, was actually trying to help, but should have known better.

And you did thank you.
Score
0
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
September 7, 2011 5:54:33 AM

aford10 said:
NO! That kind of response is not allowed.

I understand the frustration of not having answers to your questions, but you can't respond in that manner.

Again Moderator I do not want him in my thread.Period. f he shows up again it will escalate and he should keep his knowit all attitude out please. Goodday.
Score
0
a b B Homebuilt system
September 7, 2011 12:14:31 PM

This topic has been closed by Aford10
Score
0
!