$200-$400 Motherboard for i5 3670K

samotage

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
Hey Guy's. I'm upgrading to an Intel i5 3570K and I was thinking about getting an Asus Board, I really like their features and the colors :p! I've looked at the Asus Rampage IV Formula and Maximus V Formula. Which board do you think is better and WHY?? I do lot's of gaming and will be getting the Asus 670 Direct CU II TOP. If you like any other boards, please suggest them :) I will be doing OCing.

- Samo

XXStavrosXX

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
MSI 670 has the best performance and is the most overclockable, Asus 670 is the most quiet, Gigabyte 670 is the best all-rounder in the most affordable price.

Asus Maximus V Formula is a top product for overclocing and I prefer it over Rampage, however ASRock Z77 OC Formula also gives the same features coupled with a bit better performance (according to 3d mark Vantage results) in a better price.

Why would you want an Extended ATX board? Both of these boards are EATX and won't fit in a lot of cases. Also the main reason for both is for the additional PCI-E 16x slots and heavy overclocking.

For most people you would find that the Asus P8Z77-V would fit their needs as well and you can still do the OCing on it.