HELP strange connectivity issue!! Please Help

BrandonTheTechGuy

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
Hello,
I have a strange problem that i'm wondering if someone can solve, I've been having issues with my internet that I can't seem to solve, We just purchased a new Wireless Router, and the Modem was just replace but now I'm having another issue....... On random occassion every 15-45 minutes one or several of my internet applications will just lose connection to the internet, but I can still download, and although my browser wont load up a webpage it says I am still connected to the internet.
I ran a windows troubleshooter and it resets my wireless network adapter, now I have been manually disabling and enabling my wireless network adapter for a temporary fix. Any ideas on the problem and/or a solution

Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter
K40IN Laptop

G

Check TCP/IP Properties.

Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.

Try resetting the router using the reset button.

BrandonTheTechGuy

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
I have TCP/IPv4 and TCP/IPv6, although on both of these, obtain DNS and IP address automaticallly IS enabled.

Resetting the router manually, via Unplugging and plugging it back in is usually only a temporary fix, aswell as Resetting the "Wireless Network Adapter" which the windows troubleshooter does to also, Temporarily fix the problem

Any other ideas?

G

Try resetting the router using the reset button on the router (usually behind a pinhole on the same surface as the ethernet sockets).

Try turning off IPv6.