Need help with evga x58 motherboard issue

jerod77

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
Alright so I just got a evga ssc geforce 570 gtx 1gb GPU. However it does not seem to do what the benchmark shows or operate as well as i read when I try to play GW2. My friend thinks my motherboard is bottle necking me? I have a evga x58 sli le. I got it as a gaming motherboard but its a few years old. I need to know if this is the issue or what is going on? Before i try and purchase a new board and try to remake my whole computer. Also if me needing a board is the case I would really like any suggestions about a great gamer board that is good now and will be good for upgrading later for a hard core gamer. Keep in mind i have the i.7 920, 2.66ghz. and the 570 card, aside from that I i wouldn't need the board to be compatible with anything else. Thanks so much for anyone's time, I am just still new to all this and would hate to get something that i don't need or that isn't going to work for what i need in the future.

jerod77

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
I just moved it there like 10 mins ago im repatching the drivers and ill see what that does. I don't know anything abotu the x16 slot but i did move it closest to the cpu the first slot directly under it. What are your thoughts?