NVIDIA DRIVER BREAKDOWN

avestatic

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
Dear Lord. Someone please help! Just about a week ago I started getting white artifacts after closing a game. The system locks up, the driver crashes--then restarts (as the windows popup indicates). I'm running a 570 (not overclocked), with an i7 (overclocked), and more than adequate voltage though an APC power conditioner for 1200 Volts. Repeat: definitely not voltage.

So, I set profiles for all my applications, increase fan for games and motion graphics software. Still happens. So, I figure... time to try and reinstall my drivers. Launch the NVDIA installer, choose clean install... install fails. Okay. So, safemode; manually attempt to remove each individual driver component. No dice. Uninstallers won't load.

I'm stumped. I don't want to use those driver sweeper applications if I can help it. And returning to factory settings seems like the most drastic of measures. But it seems like I'm out of options. Thoughts? Advice? Help? Please!?

avestatic

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
Anyone? I tried driver sweeper this morning. Uninstalled the card. Removed everything. Culled the registry of anything Nvidia. Went to reinstall the drivers... nvidia setup says they're still installed. Clean install failed. I feel like I'm losing my mind.