Slayerz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: Within this week
Budget Range: ~$700
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Surfing, Movies
Parts Not Required: Casing, Graphic Card (Nvidia GTS250), Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, Speakers, Operating System
Country of Origin: Malaysia
Overclocking: Maybe in the future
SLI or Crossfire: Maybe in the future
Additional Comments: Building a system mainly for online gaming

-----------------------------------------

Selected Parts
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz - Link
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Link
Memory: CORSAIR 4GB DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory x2 - Link
SSD: Corsair Force Series 3 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal SSD - Link
Power Supply: Cooler Master GX 550watts - Link

Reuse Part
Graphic Card: Nvidia GeForce GTS250 1GB

-----------------------------------------

I have not much knowledge about motherboard as well as overclocking. Trying to get the i5-2500k just in case that in the future i might want to overclock the CPU. For the PSU, do you guys think 500watts is enough for the system? I have a second Nvidia GTS250 1GB graphic card as well, should I use both cards instead of one (power usage vs performance improvements)?
As my current computer is already 5 years old, hope to change to a new system in this week, all advises will be much appreciated!

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Processor: Great processor, but it maybe overkill for "online games" - depending which ones you play. With a GTS 250 im guessing none too-demanding? You might be able to save yourself some money and go with i3-2100.

Memory: Id take at look at Corsair G.Skill or Vengeance 1.5v 1600MHz CL9 8GB (2x4GB) it will be only slightly more expensive ($10 or so) than the RAM you already have listed.

PSU: CoolerMaster are generally avoided in the lower end PSU market, your better off looking at something from Corsair, XFX, SeaSonic, Antec or Enermax.

If you do decide to drop from an i5-2500k to a i3-2100 you might be able to squeeze something like a 6850 or 6870 GPU into your build. But again this depends on what games your playing and what the build is required for.

Slayerz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
Hi AdrianPerry, thanks for the quick reply! This are the games im playing / will play in the future, World of Warcraft, Diablo III, and probably Battlefield 3 as well. GTS250 might not be a good card for BF3, maybe I can get myself a better GPU in the future :) For PSU, how about this one.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished

I maybe way off scale here, but how would an i5-2500k + z68 motherboard perform using IGPU compared to GTS250?

The IGPU is supposed to be pretty good and with a nice overclock aswell, how would it fare against the GTS250?