Sign in with
Your question

ASRock 970 Extreme3 Issues

Last response: in Motherboards
September 13, 2012 9:31:43 PM

I bought an ASRock 970 Extreme3 for a friend, and the first time the RAM slots were dead and now that I have a new MOBO I put everything together and have not gotten any beep codes from the computer, nor am I getting video. My specs are below,

MOBO: ASRock 970 Extreme3
CPU: Phenom II X4 Black Edition 3.4GHz Deneb (I think)
RAM: 4GB GSKILL Ripjaw DDR3 1600
HDD: WD 500GB 7200RPM
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 6850
PSU: Rosewill Xtreme Series 750W Continuous

I have tried the following with no results:

-Replacing RAM with known good RAM
-Tried all RAM slots
-BIOS Reset Switch
-removing RAM to try and get beep codes, still no beep codes

Any and all suggestions would be great! Thanks! :) 
September 13, 2012 9:56:22 PM

Try doing a test build. Where you only connect the CPU, fan+heatsink, RAM, GPU, mobo speaker, and connect the power cables. Do not connect anything else. Then power on the system and ensure all the fans are running and you get a post beep.
m
l
November 3, 2012 1:06:36 AM

I've got the exact same system build, I get a 3 beep memory code with no ram in, then when I put ram the g skill ram in it won't post, these are all new parts and I have tested much of this with good parts. New CPU, Tried multiple P/S's that are known good, just bought this motherboard and have breadboxed.
m
l
November 9, 2012 5:18:29 PM

Foshasta Jones said:
Try doing a test build. Where you only connect the CPU, fan+heatsink, RAM, GPU, mobo speaker, and connect the power cables. Do not connect anything else. Then power on the system and ensure all the fans are running and you get a post beep.

This.
m
l
!