Network cable unplugged error (but in fact not unplugged at all)- Crosshair Form

I have come back yet again with another question for the family. I have an Asus Crosshair Formula V that has been really acting up.

About 3 weeks ago my internet (LAN) stopped working literally overnight while the computer was turned off. After a great deal of procrastination I went about trouble shooting.

After getting nowhere I replaced my router and still my computer is displaying the icon with the red X over the network plug and monitor in the bottom right hand of my task bar.

So then I thought this could be a cable issue, so I bought a new cable. After that didn't solve the problem I am now thinking it is the on-board LAN device.

Problem is this: of the 8 times I have turned this computer on 2 of the times after about an hour of being turned on.. surprise... it connects and runs lightning fast, then I shut off my computer and restart and no more internet connection.

Has anyone heard of something like this happening before? I am very confused.
3 answers Last reply
More about network cable unplugged error fact unplugged crosshair form
  1. Can you see your LAN adapter on the Hardware list or the BIOs?
  2. Hi there,

Windows 7 has a Network Troubleshooter, which can determine where the problem in the network is.
    Also might download and install the latest Intel Gigbyte driver for this chip, from the ASUS D/L center

Intel Gigabit Ethernet Driver V16.4.0.0 for Windows 32/64bit XP & 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit 7.
    File Size 118,31 (MBytes) 2012.01.09 update

You may also need to delete the present Network connection on your computer, and then have it set up a new connection from the Network and Sharing Dialog a fresh.
  3. I have tried all of the above at one point or another.

I will take a look at my bios and see if the adapter shows up and report back...

The windows 7 trouble shooter gives me the error in the title. It tells me that a network cable is unplugged or that there may be a problem with the cable, both of which are certainly not the problem, since over time the computer always connects. As of the weekend I have learned that it always connects but it takes 20+ minutes to do.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Computer Cable Motherboards