PAN bluetooth setup

Tags:
Last response: in Technologies
May 15, 2004 6:57:19 PM

Hi,

I am trying to set up a personal area network with the following config:

Home PC: Win XP Home Ed., Acer BT Dongle, ADSL internet access over
ethernet card
Notebook: Win XP Prof., BT on board with Widcomm drivers

Today, I can transfer files both ways without problems. I would like to
set it up as a network so I can read mail, connect to internet when using
notebook at home. Another consideration is that I have another internet
connection at work with a fixed IP, and I do not want to change my config
every time I have used my notebook at home.

I have managed once to get all this to work, it does not anymore. I have
tried setting up a MS network with internet connection sharing, tried to
bridge the connections etc. I am not getting any further. Does anyone know
a step by step procedure for setting up something like this?

Cheers, Thorbjorn

More about : pan bluetooth setup

Anonymous
May 18, 2004 11:23:49 AM

There are two types of LAN connection you can achieve with Bluetooth. One is
LAP and other is PAN. The first requires a PPP server, provided by ICS, and
it's not a private network access, but a kind of Internet pass-through,
where your computer will access the Internet and other resources.

The PAN is wher you can define an IP address, does not require PPP since
it's a native LAN connection, but you have to have the proper drivers
(widcomm 1.3 and up) to support it.

IF you had this working before, look problems with new firewall
installation, Windows XP internal firewall or broken network resulting of
using the Windows network Wizard.

Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):

news:o pr71kxtzv0r0hqx@tsu-main...

!