login screen

After installing some Windows updates, my computer comes
up with a welcome screen where I have to click on the
user, then it goes on to the desktop. I am the only user
for my computer and would like to have the startup back
to how it was, without the welcome screen. Before the
update, the computer went directly to the desktop after
starting up.

Is there an easy way to put it back how it was?

Thanks,
Sharon
1 answer Last reply
More about login screen

    Hi Sharon,

    See: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827072

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    The Parasite Fight:
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.php

    "sharon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ba8601c46934$4dd18890$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    After installing some Windows updates, my computer comes
    up with a welcome screen where I have to click on the
    user, then it goes on to the desktop. I am the only user
    for my computer and would like to have the startup back
    to how it was, without the welcome screen. Before the
    update, the computer went directly to the desktop after
    starting up.

    Is there an easy way to put it back how it was?

    Thanks,
    Sharon

Configuration Login Desktops Microsoft Customization Computers Windows XP