sharon

After installing some Windows updates, my computer comes
up with a welcome screen where I have to click on the
user, then it goes on to the desktop. I am the only user
for my computer and would like to have the startup back
to how it was, without the welcome screen. Before the
update, the computer went directly to the desktop after
starting up.

Is there an easy way to put it back how it was?

Thanks,
Sharon

Hi Sharon,

See: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827072

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

The Parasite Fight:
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.php

"sharon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ba8601c46934$4dd18890$a601280a@phx.gbl...
After installing some Windows updates, my computer comes
up with a welcome screen where I have to click on the
user, then it goes on to the desktop. I am the only user
for my computer and would like to have the startup back
to how it was, without the welcome screen. Before the
update, the computer went directly to the desktop after
starting up.

Is there an easy way to put it back how it was?

Thanks,
Sharon

TRENDING THREADS