Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH/UD5H motherboards

Swarnendu

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Hi I want to buy the GA-Z77X-UP5 TH or the UD5H motherboard, but I cannot find if these boards has the "PCI Latency Timer" setting in their BIOS. This setting is very important for me. Does anyone know about it, if it is there, hidden may be or somewhere like that, like in previous gigabyte boards Ctrl + F1 would unlock all bios settings. Upto 6 series gigabyte boards with pci slots did have this setting hidden, required to be unhidden by Ctrl + F1.
Another doubt is that in UP5 TH board if all the three X1 slots can function at the same time. Because the m/b's block diagram says it connects the three X1 slots to a single X1 lane from the Z77 using a PLX PEX8605 switch, if that is the case it may not function at the same time. And if that is not the case then why is that switch used?

PLEASE HELP.. :)

Swarnendu

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010

Thanks a lot BerylLee for that information. I want to know about the pci latency that the motherboard sets. I have a ASUS Essence ST which needs a pci slot and pci latency setting of 64 clocks. On older motherboards pci latency could be set from bios..

Swarnendu

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010

ok, thank you very much... :)