Possible broken mobo and replacement.

G

I was given a packard bell imedia x2414. with the mobo mcp73vt-pm. I was planning on upgrading the psu and gpu to play some games. However after ordering the parts i tryed installing and playing need for speed underground 2 on the onboard geforce 7050. however the game suddenly froze and the whole pc locked up. After turning off the pc by holding the power button down i tryed to reboot it. The fans spun the hdd was reading. however there was no signal on monitor not even the bios showing. on top of that there was no beeps from mobo. i tryed everything i could to fix this. changed ram, reseated ect. cleared cmos, and nothing. Im assuming its the mobo thats screwed. Now onto the part im confused about. Can someone please find me a replacement mobo. preferbly as cheap as possible. Im at my whits end and need some advice thanks. :(

mavroxur

Distinguished
That motherboard is a Socket 775 motherboard, and supports all Core 2 Duo / Pentium D processors up to a 1333FSB. The cheapest motherboard i'd actually buy would be this -

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130305

They make cheaper boards, but $49 is pretty damn cheap. It'd fit your case, and you can reuse your RAM and CPU on it, so that's less to replace.

However, for *any* type of gaming, you're going to want to add a PCI-e graphics card. Onboard video isn't made for gaming, at all.