New computer doesn't POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwaggaLike

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
Hey guys,

Just got my new computer delivered from CyberPowerPC.
I connect everything and monitor and boot up and FAIL! WTF!
The monitor says "No Signal"! And my CPU LED is lit up, red.
The computer powers up, all fans work. But I hear no beep sound indicating a successful POST!

I did check all the cables of the monitor. I did re-seat the graphics card and tried it on a different slot. I did take out 1 memory stick and even switched it up. But showed no result! :(
I removed both RAM sticks, but the mobo did not give me a beep AND the DRAM LEDs did not turn on.
I removed the VGA Card but the mobo did not give me a beep AND the VGA LED did not turn on.

After all this, the status remains the same. > Monitor says "No Signal", the CPU LED is ON and the Hard Drive Activity LED is ON (which is normal)

Can you guys pleaaseee help me out with tips on what to fix and what I should do to gain a successful POST? Any tip will be very much appreciated! Pleaase help me ouut!

SwaggaLike

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011

Yees but that means i have to ship it to them allllll over again :(
and thats gonna cost coz I live in Canada and not in the US!

SwaggaLike

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011

Yes i did contact them. But their only reply to my mail was to check if all the parts were seated correctly. i already did that :heink:
And still have the problem

I did go on this troubleshooting guide now. I checked the ATX connections. Removed battery, moved the jumper blah blah, and reset the CMOS. My system speaker IS installed. There are no loose screws shorting out the motherboard anywhere. Although I'm not sure if there is any screw hiding between my motherboard tray and motherboard :s. Because one the screws on the motherboard seem to be missing.
I even tested the PSU with a multi meter. Nothing seems to change the result.

So all you out there, I DID try out those steps and I still have this problem. Please help!

SwaggaLike

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
Finally figured it out. My heavy CM v6 GT CPU cooler was hard to remove but in the end I figured that the processor wasn't getting locked in properly! After a few tries, i managed to get the locking system fixed and then works like a charm! Thanks for the responses!

Status
Not open for further replies.