BG1:TOTSC NPC Voices Swapped???

I had a file corruption causing an assertion error so deleted the cache and
tried copying some files from the BG CD's to the Data folder. Now I'm
finding the NPC voices are all swapped around and not matching the correct
NPC. Some of them are from characters not even in my party!

Anyone know what file controls this and how I can correct?

Thx.

"David Endacott" <dendacott@dccnet.com> wrote in message
> I had a file corruption causing an assertion error so deleted the cache
and
> tried copying some files from the BG CD's to the Data folder. Now I'm
> finding the NPC voices are all swapped around and not matching the correct
> NPC. Some of them are from characters not even in my party!
>
> Anyone know what file controls this and how I can correct?

I don't, but I do have a question.

Why did you copy files into the cache? If you don't have a
full install then the files will be loaded from the disc to the HD
by the game when you go to enter the relevant areas. If you
have a full install - isn't it treated the same way?