User Profile Lost

Hi,

This has happened for the second time in 2 days. I have 3
user accounts in my system and when I restarted the
computer and tried to login to my user account and it
says that the user account registry file is corrupted and
that it is lost for ever. It logs me on as a new user
with the same id and password.

Can someone tell me whats happenning.
1 answer Last reply
More about user profile lost

    Your user profile is corrupt. You may need to create a new one and transfer the data to the new profile.

    How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    The Parasite Fight:
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.php

    "Kartiq Subramanian" <q_buzz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2bae001c4693c$1ba0be10$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    Hi,

    This has happened for the second time in 2 days. I have 3
    user accounts in my system and when I restarted the
    computer and tried to login to my user account and it
    says that the user account registry file is corrupted and
    that it is lost for ever. It logs me on as a new user
    with the same id and password.

    Can someone tell me whats happenning.

Configuration Customization Windows XP