Hi,

This has happened for the second time in 2 days. I have 3
user accounts in my system and when I restarted the
computer and tried to login to my user account and it
says that the user account registry file is corrupted and
that it is lost for ever. It logs me on as a new user
with the same id and password.

Can someone tell me whats happenning.

Your user profile is corrupt. You may need to create a new one and transfer the data to the new profile.

How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User