Defaul Action for File Folders Stuck on "Search"

I attempted to change the icon for file folders the other
day, and despite not touching anything to do with the
actions for folder, my default action was changed
to "Search". So now, I have to right click and
select "Open" or browse through the directory tree in the
Folders sidebar. Going back to Folder Options> File Types
gives me no apparent options to set the default action
back. Can I fix this without reinstalling Windows?
1 answer Last reply
More about defaul action file folders stuck search

    Click [Start] [Run] and type "REGSVR32 /i SHELL32"
    [Courtesy: David Candy]

    [More Info]
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321186

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    The Parasite Fight:
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.php

    "Seth Thomas Rasmussen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2c20601c4693e$871c3c80$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    I attempted to change the icon for file folders the other
    day, and despite not touching anything to do with the
    actions for folder, my default action was changed
    to "Search". So now, I have to right click and
    select "Open" or browse through the directory tree in the
    Folders sidebar. Going back to Folder Options> File Types
    gives me no apparent options to set the default action
    back. Can I fix this without reinstalling Windows?

Configuration Default Microsoft Customization Windows XP