Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia 8400m GS VBIOS Issue

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 6, 2011 8:38:54 PM

Hey, I have an Averatec D1002UHCE-1 All in one that is equipped with a 8400m GS 256mb video card. Unfortunately, that card gave up, spewwing corruption and such. I ordered a new card, an Acer biosed 8400m GS 256mb. Now with the new card installed, I only get output from the vga port on the back, nothing on the main display. Now, I've heard of issues with bios on some of these MXM video cards. Luckly, I had the forthought to have pulled the original bios off my original card with nibitor. Flashing said bios to the new card makes the front display function, and everything seems well and good until I attempt to install drivers. It will not detect as an 8400m GS, only Standard VGA. I'm kind of stumped. Both cards are P419 based MXM1's with the same layout and chip. The bioses when compared in nibitor both have some different values, but changing them to corolate makes no difference.

Anyone else have any ideas?

September 28, 2012 8:08:01 PM

NorthEndJon said:
Hey, I have an Averatec D1002UHCE-1 All in one that is equipped with a 8400m GS 256mb video card. Unfortunately, that card gave up, spewwing corruption and such. I ordered a new card, an Acer biosed 8400m GS 256mb. Now with the new card installed, I only get output from the vga port on the back, nothing on the main display. Now, I've heard of issues with bios on some of these MXM video cards. Luckly, I had the forthought to have pulled the original bios off my original card with nibitor. Flashing said bios to the new card makes the front display function, and everything seems well and good until I attempt to install drivers. It will not detect as an 8400m GS, only Standard VGA. I'm kind of stumped. Both cards are P419 based MXM1's with the same layout and chip. The bioses when compared in nibitor both have some different values, but changing them to corolate makes no difference.

Anyone else have any ideas?

I have the AVERATEC too and video card is out. I bought an Acer card as well. Can you tell me how you "flash the bios to the new card." Id like to get the front display working again.
m
l
!