Accelero XTREME Plus II in CM SCOUT?

AJnguyen

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Hello guys,

Ive just ordered a Accelero XTREME Plus II (VGA cooler)

Im using an XFX 5870 which the temps are really high id like to upgrade it to a 3rd party cooler to lower the temps

And i was wondering if anyone has a CM SCOUT who has experience fitting one of these vga coolers in?

Thanks in advance!

AJnguyen

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Yeah i got told it was huge after i bought the vga cooler -.-

Im praying to god that it will fit.

I wanted the best air cooler besides water cooling anf from the reviews etc it was the "Accelero XTREME Plus II"

But im unsure if it will fit into my CM storm scout.

AJnguyen

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
My XFX 5870 reaches like 85+ in Battlefield 3 so the reference cooler isnt sufficient enough hence for the aftermarket cooler

AJnguyen

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Hmmm

"What is the maximum length graphics card supported?
The CM Storm Scout is designed with portability in mind. It can accommodate the largest 280GTX or HD 4870 X2 type cards. This includes all GPU 10.5" or 267mm in length or shorter. GPU cards have a maximum clearance for 10.6" or 270mm maximum length inside the Scout. "

it recommends 270mm

the vga cooler itself is 290mm xD

AJnguyen

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011

Just got my cooler today, its far too long the only way i can see it happening was to remove the hard driver thingy (not sure whats it called)

similar to the this one i found in google

img0215rt.jpg

Does anyone know how i can remove it ?

AJnguyen

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Hi

Ive just got my gpu cooler last night
and i found out that its way too long and wont fit into my case from the back to the hard drive bay!

ive got the Accelero extreme Plus II

So im considering at removing the bay similar to something like

img0215rt.jpg

which i found on google.

But i realised theres no screws holding it together so does anyone know how i can remove this?

If its using rivets, you will have to drill them out.

Naturally, you would do this without anything inside the case and then have to do some indepth cleaning to ensure you get all the metal shavings out of case to prevent shorting anything.

AJnguyen

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Ahh really!?

So theres no way what so ever like a special screw driver or a puncher or a soldering machine to burn it.

would just save soo much for me to g buy a drill..