Random power cycle at boot

darksurfer11

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
Build:
P8Z68V - Pro/Gen3 MOBO
CM Silent Pro M 850W PSU
Corsair Vengeance Blue 12GB DDR3 RAM (1st slot covered by Hyper 212+ cooler)
Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB with the switch flipped (built in flash to 6970)
i5 2500k OC'd to 4.5GHz.
2 x 3TB Seagate Barricuda XT's
1 x 1.5 TB Seagate Barricuda
1 x Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD
Samsung BD

At boot I will randomly get boot cycles where it won't post for a random amount of cycles (haven't had more than 6 yet). It will only randomly do this, so it is hard to pin down what is causing the issue. Also, when the computer hybernates, when I go to wake it up, it will on every occasion cycle until I remove power and let the power drain out. When I boot it back up, it will boot up as if I was waking it up from hybernate. I have already send in a request for a PSU RMA (figured why not since it is still under warranty) and will likely just start RMAing everything until the issue is resolved. However, any help as to what may be causing the issue would be greatly appreciated

darksurfer11

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
I got the problem fixed and wanted to get back in case anyone else had the same problem. Make sure you check your PLL voltage in the bios, mine was doin crazy things. Got it set right and no more issues

darksurfer11

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
No they are different, head here for an explanation: http://www.masterslair.com/vcore-vtt-dram-pll-pch-voltages-explained-core-i7-i5-i3/

Mine was set to auto and for some reason it was causing problems. Just called Asus tech and he knew exactly what was causing it. Disabled PLL to keep it stock and all problems went away.