Are these temps. fine for an i3 2100? [Cooling Suggestions[

008Rohit

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
I've got a MicroATX case. Got a Corsair CX430 two days back. Organised the cables.

Here's the temps. of the CPU as reported by CPU Thermometer : (Room Temp. : 30C)

Idle (Antivirus and Firefox Running) : 27(lowest) - 41(highest) - 35-36 (average)

Load (Gaming with the integrated graphics) : 55C

Are these temperatures fine for the processor or it may get killed?

Cooling System of my case :

PSU - Top (120mm fan of it at the bottom, so it pulls out the hot air from the mobo which can be harmful for the PSU itself)
Rear : 80mm CoolerMaster - (Intake)

One side open. 80mm local fan fitted there. (intake)

One entire side left opened for Exhaust. Floppy Slot of the Case taken out. (so air produced by the ceiling fan enters the case from there)

The case is a cheapo 20$ one and has no 120mm fan slots.

wjsprowler

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
I think that is a pretty safe temperature. If it worries you, you can always upgrade your CPU heatsink but anything below 70C is a safe temperature and not detrimental to the CPU. Some people that overclock even say that <80C is safe so I would not worry. (My friend runs Crysis 2 on max settings and his GPU can get up to 68C during the game)

008Rohit

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
I want to stick to the stock HSF for now.

One thing is, I got my new MoBo against RMA two days back. Intel had sent a new pack of thermal paste but I didn't apply it, I placed the heatsink with the old paste pre-applied on it. Does that matter?

I've just checked the load temps again :

Gaming : 65C
100% CPU Load (by some ntvdm.exe virus) : 70C

008Rohit

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
hmm.. but the HSF, along with the.processor was kept in the box for 25days straight until my new mobo was delivered. That too doesn't matter, rìght?

So, no problems with the MicroATX case for now.

008Rohit

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
I can see no need of that as the temps seem normal.

Lets see if I can convince dad to buy me a HAF 912 in birthday. I was thinking of a GPU, but thats not all necessary as I dont like to play action or any other games that involves tension. :p

TRENDING THREADS