Sign in with
Your question

Question about system issues with GPU and Performace

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 6, 2011 10:45:46 PM

Hello I am hoping some one can help me out with some lag issues I am having with my system.

I am running
ASUS M3N78 Pro
AMD Phenom IIx4 965 - 3.40Ghz
8GB DDR2 1066Mhz
ATI - 5770HD - 1Gb
Windows 7 64Bit

Any time I run Battlefield Bad Company 2 or alliance valiant arms I get vary odd lag its like the game will skip frames well walking or turning side to side but well shooting the game is fine now what makes it odd is it don't show the frame rate doping but I can see it not sure what would be making the system do this and run fine in other games on best settings with no issues. all drivers and updates are installed. Hope some one can help

As side note I am only running BFBC2 and A.V.A on Med settings and I have tried low same issue
a c 172 U Graphics card
July 6, 2011 10:59:53 PM

try enabling vsync, or disable it if you have it enabled. try reducing video details and remove any antialiasing.
m
l
July 7, 2011 1:57:12 AM

Sounds more like a Hard Drive access issue. If frame rates are fine and it suddenly skips frames, your PC is accessing the harddrive or other sub-system taking up valuable resources needed for the game.
Some things to try:
Disable background applications to free up memory (you don't want it to have to use the page file)
run a defrag
disable virus scanners, especially real time scanners.

Can you tell us what hard drive you have? it may even be bad, bad sectors etc.
m
l
Related resources
a c 172 U Graphics card
July 7, 2011 2:19:54 AM

^ he is saying an fps monitor is not showing the frame skips, if it were hard drive acess it would show the fps drop.
m
l
July 14, 2011 12:30:33 AM

Hey Every one thanks for all the input sorry have not posted back in a bit work got nuts I found the issue it was heat related the system was running way to hot so temp fix I got a small desk fan near the system till I can get a new cpu cooler and a case with better air flow
m
l
!