Problems with Folder Options - Win Xp

Hi, i accidentally changed the actions of my registered
file types under Tools>Folder Options>File Types when i
was trying to change the icons on my computer.

When i clicked the "advanced" button of the "registered
file types" under "File Folder", only "find" action is
available. I added 2 incorrect actions and cannot be
removed. Therefore, whenever i click on my file
folder, "find" action will be executed.

I am having problems in finding the appropriate
applications used to perform the actions, such as "Open
by FinePixViewer" and "Print with FinePixViewer" in the
case of "File Folder". Other than "File Folder", i have
also modified "Folder" and "Driver" under the registered
file types.

I would greatly appreciate for your help. Thank you very
much.
1 answer Last reply
More about problems folder options

    Hi Kevin,

    For the 1st part, type "regsvr32 /i shell32.dll" in the Start/RUN dialog.
    More Information: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321186

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    The Parasite Fight:
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.php

    "Kevin Lim" <fba10352@nus.edu.sg> wrote in message news:2d23b01c4698e$5e073660$a301280a@phx.gbl...
    Hi, i accidentally changed the actions of my registered
    file types under Tools>Folder Options>File Types when i
    was trying to change the icons on my computer.

    When i clicked the "advanced" button of the "registered
    file types" under "File Folder", only "find" action is
    available. I added 2 incorrect actions and cannot be
    removed. Therefore, whenever i click on my file
    folder, "find" action will be executed.

    I am having problems in finding the appropriate
    applications used to perform the actions, such as "Open
    by FinePixViewer" and "Print with FinePixViewer" in the
    case of "File Folder". Other than "File Folder", i have
    also modified "Folder" and "Driver" under the registered
    file types.

    I would greatly appreciate for your help. Thank you very
    much.

Configuration Customization Windows XP