Problems with Folder Options - Win Xp

July 14, 2004 7:36:05 AM

Hi, i accidentally changed the actions of my registered
file types under Tools>Folder Options>File Types when i
was trying to change the icons on my computer.

When i clicked the "advanced" button of the "registered
file types" under "File Folder", only "find" action is
available. I added 2 incorrect actions and cannot be
removed. Therefore, whenever i click on my file
folder, "find" action will be executed.

I am having problems in finding the appropriate
applications used to perform the actions, such as "Open
by FinePixViewer" and "Print with FinePixViewer" in the
case of "File Folder". Other than "File Folder", i have
also modified "Folder" and "Driver" under the registered
file types.

I would greatly appreciate for your help. Thank you very
much.
Anonymous
July 14, 2004 8:15:46 PM

Hi Kevin,

For the 1st part, type "regsvr32 /i shell32.dll" in the Start/RUN dialog.
More Information: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321186

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User