Solved

G.Skill Sniper Low Voltage compatibility

So I'm pretty much dead set on getting this specific RAM, G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
Now, I've been reading in some places that some Motherboards and/or CPUs have issues with it's 1.25V so I'm a bit worried.

My motherboard: ASRock z77 Extreme4
CPU: i7-3770K

Can they run the RAM smoothly on 1.25V or will I have issues and most likely need to bring it up to 1.35 or 1.5v? 'cause that kinda defeats the purpose of buying this in the first place; and if that's the case, I'll just look for another.

Another thing I'd like to ask if this RAM's size is low profile. I'll be buying a CPU cooler in the near future.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about skill sniper voltage compatibility
  1. The ASRock Extreme4 is actually one of the ones that is perfectly compatible with the low voltage. But, when in doubt always check the manufacturers website.
  2. Best answer
    It not actually low profile.... its 42mm height (low profile usually on 32 -33 mm :D)

edit: Great news. It's on memory support (certified) list on the asrock website....

G.skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2 :D

well happy building...
  3. I see. Will I have trouble installing aftermarket CPU coolers with this then?
  4. Not sure about IB CPUs, But SB CPUs - Intel's specs for Ram Voltage is 1.500 ± 5 % (1.425 to 1.575 V)

While the MB may not have a problem, If by chance your CPU fails, Intel may not cover it under warrenty.
  5. Some aftermarket cooler can be an issue but it will depends on the type/models....

some can slide the fan bracked a litle bit high for clearance, water cooling usually had no problems, but some may had a trouble..
  6. Best answer selected by excella1221.
Ask a new question

Read More

G.SKILL RAM Compatibility Motherboards CPUs Memory Product