G.Skill Sniper Low Voltage compatibility

excella1221

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
So I'm pretty much dead set on getting this specific RAM, G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
Now, I've been reading in some places that some Motherboards and/or CPUs have issues with it's 1.25V so I'm a bit worried.

My motherboard: ASRock z77 Extreme4
CPU: i7-3770K

Can they run the RAM smoothly on 1.25V or will I have issues and most likely need to bring it up to 1.35 or 1.5v? 'cause that kinda defeats the purpose of buying this in the first place; and if that's the case, I'll just look for another.

Another thing I'd like to ask if this RAM's size is low profile. I'll be buying a CPU cooler in the near future.

Solution
It not actually low profile.... its 42mm height (low profile usually on 32 -33 mm :D)

edit: Great news. It's on memory support (certified) list on the asrock website....

G.skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2 :D

well happy building...

rdc85

Honorable
It not actually low profile.... its 42mm height (low profile usually on 32 -33 mm :D)

edit: Great news. It's on memory support (certified) list on the asrock website....

G.skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2 :D

well happy building...

Solution

rdc85

Honorable
Some aftermarket cooler can be an issue but it will depends on the type/models....

some can slide the fan bracked a litle bit high for clearance, water cooling usually had no problems, but some may had a trouble..