Question!!!!!!!

clj3

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
I am wondering if you can extend a pci plug and put it in the hard drive bay, because in the nzxt phantom case it has front access to the hard drive bay. I thought that it would be better have access to the lighting behind the front door/panel?

slhpss

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
it's actually neither... that's just the bracket so it can be mounted there... in other words it's just a piece of metal with the button and brightness settings on it... you can bend and cut the metal to your needs and mount it wherever you want...

you can remove the two little screws on it to just take it off as well

dannoddd

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
Ha ha ha, ok, you don't have to put it into a PCI slot. What you do need to do, is make sure that the exposed solder joints on the bottom of the PCB don't make contact with each other. ...Ghetto mod coming... I took some velcro and stuck it on the inside of the PCI plate and flipped it upside down and stuck it to the top corner of my DVD drive. That way the exposed PCB is sticking up and it's flush to the DVD drive. I can probably get u a pic if you want.

dannoddd

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
I have the red set installed in my Antec 1200. You don't need to use an expansion slot in the back of your case, you just need to make sure that if you don't use it, that you keep the bottom of the pcb from making contact between the solder joints.