Sign in with
Your question

Power Button Power Cable Problem

Last response: in Motherboards
September 15, 2012 3:52:04 PM

Hey, Sorry if this is in wrong section but i need help.

I was putting my new motherboard into a bigger case. It was my brothers and he gave the case to me.
I put everything together until i got to the power button cable. My motherboard doesn't have any 2 pin connectors on it.
What do i do? can i put it in something else?

Thanks, General
a b V Motherboard
September 15, 2012 4:00:30 PM

Model of your motherboard would be helpful to show you where the cable goes.
m
l
September 15, 2012 4:12:28 PM

A Nvidia Geforce 8200 chipset. i dont think it has one =/
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
September 15, 2012 5:01:12 PM

That's the cipset, not the make/model of the board and it has one. Try to identify the board and download the manual from the manufacturer site. It will show you where the connector is.
m
l
a c 255 V Motherboard
September 15, 2012 5:18:24 PM

Generalcckid said:
Hey, Sorry if this is in wrong section but i need help.

I was putting my new motherboard into a bigger case. It was my brothers and he gave the case to me.
I put everything together until i got to the power button cable. My motherboard doesn't have any 2 pin connectors on it.
What do i do? can i put it in something else?

Thanks, General

Your motherboard will have some place for the front panel pwr switch.
Look in your motherboard manual to identify where they are. There will be two pins that when temporarily connected will power on the motherboard. Sometimes, they are not two adjacent pins. If that is the case, you might need to separate the case front pwr lead into two separate pins. Some scissors can do this. The switch is not polarity sensitive, so you can connect them either way.
m
l
!