User Pictures

July 14, 2004 8:37:29 AM

Just a small thing is annoying me. I can not change a
user account picture, the following message appears 'the
system cannot find the specified file'. I know that the
files are present and when I try to use a personal
picture nothing happens. Hope you an help.

Thanks
Adrian

More about : user pictures

Anonymous
July 14, 2004 9:35:46 PM

Hi Adrian,

Are the pictures displayed when you click the "Change Picture" option? When does the error occur exactly?

Restore the default user account pictures
Line 58: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
or
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/Default_Pict...

Extract the pics to this location:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Default Pictures

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

The Parasite Fight:
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.php

"Adrian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2cc4201c46996$f17a9510$a501280a@phx.gbl...
Just a small thing is annoying me. I can not change a
user account picture, the following message appears 'the
system cannot find the specified file'. I know that the
files are present and when I try to use a personal
picture nothing happens. Hope you an help.

Thanks
Adrian
July 14, 2004 9:35:47 PM

When I click on the user then click change the picture, the pictures are present here, however when I select a picture and then click change picture the message appears. Also when I was setting up this user I was not allocated a picture so beside the user is currently a box with a red X. The pictures are in the default folder.

"Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi Adrian,
>
> Are the pictures displayed when you click the "Change Picture" option? When does the error occur exactly?
>
> Restore the default user account pictures
> Line 58: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
> or
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/Default_Pict...
>
> Extract the pics to this location:
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Default Pictures
>
> --
> Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
>
> The Parasite Fight:
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.php
>

> "Adrian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2cc4201c46996$f17a9510$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> Just a small thing is annoying me. I can not change a
> user account picture, the following message appears 'the
> system cannot find the specified file'. I know that the
> files are present and when I try to use a personal
> picture nothing happens. Hope you an help.
>
> Thanks
> Adrian

July 14, 2004 11:42:14 PM

Adrian,

See if you are able to create files in this folder. (to test if this is due to Permissions issue)

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures
and here
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Default Pictures

You need 'Write' access to the 1st one.

--

"Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi Adrian,
>
> Are the pictures displayed when you click the "Change Picture" option? When does the error occur exactly?
>
> Restore the default user account pictures
> Line 58: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
> or
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/Default_Pict...
>
> Extract the pics to this location:
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Default Pictures
>
> --
> Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
>
> The Parasite Fight:
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.php
>

> "Adrian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2cc4201c46996$f17a9510$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> Just a small thing is annoying me. I can not change a
> user account picture, the following message appears 'the
> system cannot find the specified file'. I know that the
> files are present and when I try to use a personal
> picture nothing happens. Hope you an help.
>
> Thanks
> Adrian

July 14, 2004 11:42:15 PM

Ramesh,

Yes, I can create and save files to both these folders.

Adrian

"Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

> Adrian,
>
> See if you are able to create files in this folder. (to test if this is due to Permissions issue)
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures
> and here
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Default Pictures
>
> You need 'Write' access to the 1st one.
>
> --
> Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
>
> The Parasite Fight:
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.php
>

> "Adrian" <Adrian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D E713944-0949-4AAE-B17E-D6BE3FDC3933@microsoft.com...
> When I click on the user then click change the picture, the pictures are present here, however when I select a picture and then click change picture the message appears. Also when I was setting up this user I was not allocated a picture so beside the user is currently a box with a red X. The pictures are in the default folder.
>
> "Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Hi Adrian,
> >
> > Are the pictures displayed when you click the "Change Picture" option? When does the error occur exactly?
> >
> > Restore the default user account pictures
> > Line 58: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
> > or
> > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/Default_Pict...
> >
> > Extract the pics to this location:
> > C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Default Pictures
> >
> > --
> > Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
> > Windows XP Shell/User
> > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
> >
> > The Parasite Fight:
> > http://aumha.org/a/parasite.php
> >

> > "Adrian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2cc4201c46996$f17a9510$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> > Just a small thing is annoying me. I can not change a
> > user account picture, the following message appears 'the
> > system cannot find the specified file'. I know that the
> > files are present and when I try to use a personal
> > picture nothing happens. Hope you an help.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Adrian

Anonymous
July 15, 2004 12:46:41 AM

Copy a BMP file from:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Default Pictures
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\

and rename it to your user account name (say..Adrian). If there is a file with the same name, overwrite it.

Are the changes reflected in Control Panel User Accounts?

--

"Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

> Adrian,
>
> See if you are able to create files in this folder. (to test if this is due to Permissions issue)
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures
> and here
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Default Pictures
>
> You need 'Write' access to the 1st one.
>
> --
> Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
>
> The Parasite Fight:
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.php
>

> "Adrian" <Adrian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D E713944-0949-4AAE-B17E-D6BE3FDC3933@microsoft.com...
> When I click on the user then click change the picture, the pictures are present here, however when I select a picture and then click change picture the message appears. Also when I was setting up this user I was not allocated a picture so beside the user is currently a box with a red X. The pictures are in the default folder.
>
> "Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Hi Adrian,
> >
> > Are the pictures displayed when you click the "Change Picture" option? When does the error occur exactly?
> >
> > Restore the default user account pictures
> > Line 58: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
> > or
> > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/Default_Pict...
> >
> > Extract the pics to this location:
> > C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Default Pictures
> >
> > --
> > Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
> > Windows XP Shell/User
> > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
> >
> > The Parasite Fight:
> > http://aumha.org/a/parasite.php
> >

> > "Adrian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2cc4201c46996$f17a9510$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> > Just a small thing is annoying me. I can not change a
> > user account picture, the following message appears 'the
> > system cannot find the specified file'. I know that the
> > files are present and when I try to use a personal
> > picture nothing happens. Hope you an help.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Adrian

July 15, 2004 12:46:42 AM

Yes, the changes reflected in Control Panel User Accounts, but I can't change the picture automatically, not really a problem but would like to know what the problem may be.

"Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

> [...]
> > > or
> > > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/Default_Pict...
> > >
> > > Extract the pics to this location:
> > > C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Default Pictures
> > >
> > > --
> > > Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
> > > Windows XP Shell/User
> > > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
> > >
> > > The Parasite Fight:
> > > http://aumha.org/a/parasite.php
> > >

> > > "Adrian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2cc4201c46996$f17a9510$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> > > Just a small thing is annoying me. I can not change a
> > > user account picture, the following message appears 'the
> > > system cannot find the specified file'. I know that the
> > > files are present and when I try to use a personal
> > > picture nothing happens. Hope you an help.

Anonymous
July 15, 2004 2:13:40 AM

Umm. could not repro the problem. Shall post if I get any hint.

--

!