Sign in with
Your question

Airflow in HAF922 Mid Tower

Last response: in Systems
September 7, 2011 8:39:35 PM

I am new to the computer building scene and just completed my first one. Had two questions I was hoping to get help with.

ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (REV 3.0)
Intel Core i5-2500K
XFX HD-695X-CNDC Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express
G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready
COOLER MASTER HAF 922

1. I have the HAF922 mid tower. Seems to be working great for me. I have the front fan set at intake, top fan exhaust, and back fan as exhaust. I have my CPU cooling fan exhausting towards the back fan. Is the correct? Also, on the HAF922, the removable left panel, it has a a ton of holes in it. Doesn't this cause airflow problems? Or do I need to install some plastic cover on it or something?

2. Right now I have the case fans plugged directly into the PS, and they run constantly. Is this OK or is it better for them be connected to the Mobo for temp regulation?

Thanks for the help in advance.
September 7, 2011 9:38:51 PM

yes the fans are correct

no the holes wont cause airflow problems--though dust may be another matter

its ok to connect the fans to the psu--but they will run flat out--connecting them to the motherboard will make them run slower and speed up as required--if you dont find the case fans too loud then leave them as they are
m
l
!