Crosshair v Formula No Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

flx_ovi

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
Just yesterday i finally recieved all the components for my new pc build, wich is now becoming a real pain

specs are

-Asus Crosshair V Formula Mobo
-HIS IceQ 6950 GPU
-AMD Phenom 1100t x6 CPU
-Corsair Vengeance 4gbx2
-Corsair tx850w PSU
-3x 2TB WD caviar green HDDs
-1 Intel X25-M 120 GB Solid State Drive

NZXT Phanthom case

when i first plugged it in, the three buttons in the mobo ligthed up, so i proceded to turn it on, no beep and no sognal in the monitor whatsoever, it doesnt even show boot or bios screen the vga led also doesnt light up, but the GPU fan is running, so i suspect it is not the card itself, any suggestions?

please ask for more details if necessary, english is not my firt language so i dont know if i am plating the question or describing everything correctly, please help.

i just tried anothe GPU and still nothing, the DRAM Led is flashing, and the vga and boot disk leds are not turning n at all

Solution

i finally got my system to boot, turns out i hadnt intalled the proccesor correctly, so after unbendig and realligning the bent pins (hehe) i plugged in everything again and i am happily playing black ops :)

circulate

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
There are very many things it could be. I too just put together another computer and ran into some difficulties. Refer to the troubleshooting thread located in the stickies. IT helped me fix my issue.

For a quick bit of advice, I'd make sure you have everything plugged in correctly. Also the 6950 requires two power plugs doesn't it? Make sure you don't have just one plugged in..?

flx_ovi

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011

yes everything is plugged in correctly, i triple cheched, i just tried a different card, and still nothing :/

Hassan739

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Same issue here... All connections are fine but no boot at all....

My system
-Asus Crosshair V Formula Mobo
-XFX radeon 6950 2GB GPU
-AMD Phenom 1090T x6 CPU
-Corsair 4gbx2
-cooler master 750w PSU
-1TB HDDs
-1 Intel X25-M 120 GB Solid State Drive

winnovi

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009

i finally got my system to boot, turns out i hadnt intalled the proccesor correctly, so after unbendig and realligning the bent pins (hehe) i plugged in everything again and i am happily playing black ops :)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.