Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallin

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Hi everyone,

I'm building a new pc and need some help in choosing a case. I don't care if it's a full tower or mid tower. I would like the case to have good air flow and cable management. I'm looking to spend no more than $150 but will go upto $175 if the case is worth it. I was looking around the forums and looking on newegg and tigerdirect. I don't care if it has a see through window or led lights. I don't want it to have cheap parts on it. This case is replacing my old system and my laptop. I want to set it up to be able to put water cooling in it but not quite sure if I will do that. Any advice anyone can provide would be very much appreciated. My coworkers are telling me to go with the Antec and not CM, but i'm liking some of the CMs cases. So any help will be very grateful.

Thanks in advanced.

Solution
A case is a personal thing. There are many cases in the $150 range that are good quality with sufficient airflow. So it comes down to what you want to look at every day.

I've had both Corsair and Cooler Master cases and the Corsair fit and finish is generally better. Either the Carbide 500R or the Graphite 600T would be fine. But if you plan on doing something like dual or triple GTX 580 in SLI, you'll need a case with massive airflow, and then one of the best options out there would be the Cooler Master HAF X.

Bones2525

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
NZXT M59 on Newegg. Cheap, mid-tower. Good cable-management, great airflow with some more fans, and space to spare. It's really good in my opinion. I've heard good things about the CoolerMaster HAF 912(I think) but is said to be 'made cheaply.'

crimsonpc

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
A case is a personal thing. There are many cases in the $150 range that are good quality with sufficient airflow. So it comes down to what you want to look at every day.

I've had both Corsair and Cooler Master cases and the Corsair fit and finish is generally better. Either the Carbide 500R or the Graphite 600T would be fine. But if you plan on doing something like dual or triple GTX 580 in SLI, you'll need a case with massive airflow, and then one of the best options out there would be the Cooler Master HAF X.

Solution

Fallin

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011

I was reading on the NZXT M59 and some people were complaining about the fans and bad custom service. What do you think?

On the HAF 912 I was reading about being damaged and cheap parts. I'm not sure on this one. What do you think of the HAF X or 932 as well I was advised of the Antec Nine Hundred Two v3?

Fallin

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011

I did like the 600T and the HAF X. WHat do you think of the HAF 932 or Antec Nine Hundred Two v3?

Status
Not open for further replies.