Too Hot CPU - Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onio4yas

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
Guys, when using my laptop, i noticed that the cpu is pretty hot or the board is too hot. This is killing my laptop, do you know how can i fix it? Cooler? or laptop fan?

Solution
Firstly make sure when your using the laptop not of the vents are being blocked. This can often happen when resting a laptop in your lap and your clothing blocks some of the ventilation causing very rapid heat build up.

Secondly, as mentioned above, get yourself a can of compressed air and attempt to clear out some of the dust.

Thirdly, after-market cooling options are available. These consist of flat platform with built in fans that you rest the laptop on and the blow cold air onto the base of your laptop keeping the whole unit cooler.

There are many variations, but this picture shows the general idea behind it. http://b4tea.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/cooler-for-laptop.jpg

crimsonpc

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
Are your fans spinning at full bore? What are you placing the laptop on? It needs some space to breathe. A laptop cooler with built-in fans could help if the problem is temperature-related.

If you install RealTemp, it will tell you how hot your CPU is getting.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Firstly make sure when your using the laptop not of the vents are being blocked. This can often happen when resting a laptop in your lap and your clothing blocks some of the ventilation causing very rapid heat build up.

Secondly, as mentioned above, get yourself a can of compressed air and attempt to clear out some of the dust.

Thirdly, after-market cooling options are available. These consist of flat platform with built in fans that you rest the laptop on and the blow cold air onto the base of your laptop keeping the whole unit cooler.

There are many variations, but this picture shows the general idea behind it. http://b4tea.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/cooler-for-laptop.jpg

Solution

majorgibly

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
I used to have a laptop that ran at 92C while normal use then while video encoding shoot to 104C Only lasted 7 months, after that I bought a desktop. Why don't they make laptops with better cooling at so a lap does not obscure the vents...

Status
Not open for further replies.