One computer 4 HDMI LCDs

nicolaes

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
Hi guys,

I have this setup here: I have 4 LCDs with 4 HDMI cables and 1 PC. I need to stream different content to each LCD (the LCDs are wall-mounted in a showroom).

My questions are:
1. How can I connect the 4 HDMI to one PC (Server)? Maybe split it from DVI/VGA and use converters? Can I do it with one (good) video card or do I need more video cards?
2. What drivers/programs do I have to install in order to be able to do both the before-mentioned stuff and manage the PC's desktop remotely?

Thanks in advance,
Nicolae

You need either 2 video cards or one high-end video card. You can't use a splitter because that will give you the same display on both screens.

Check Matrox they have a huge line of multi-output video cards. http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/

nicolaes

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
Thanks for the info, hang-the-9!

I checked Matrox cards; they are very nice but seem a little too expensive for my needs.

I found that nVidia has some multi-monitor cards, like Quadro NVS 450. Do you think this is suitable?
However, I have 4 HDMI ports while this card has 4x DisplayPort with 4 DP-to-DVI adapters. After reading this post I'm thinking twice before buying a card.

So do you think the Quadro NVS would be suitable for the setup?

Thanks in advance

NVS450 looks to do what you need, and there are Display Port to HDMI converters available. Won't have audio though, and not sure how long of a cable you need, but you'll probably need a wall plate with cables running to the monitors, just regular video cables are not made to run more than 10 feet or so.

TRENDING THREADS