I think revolution looks great!

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

but not as great as the xbox 360 and ill probably never use the stand,
it would have been cool if it worked the other way, skinny in depth intead
of length like the xbox.. the ps3 looks absolutely awful and the controller
even worse. the xbox controller looks like a huge improvement from the old
one but its also looks like they pretty much just copied the wavebird.
i can't wait to see the revolution controller

zelda looks badass

That's your opinion, sir. I think the PS3 looks awesome, the Revo looks
a tad on the hideous side, and the PS3 controller is one of the most
disgusting things I have ever seen in my liz-ife!

I like the skinny upright form-factor, as it looks easy to sit it next
to the TV even if you have very little space. [Currently my GC is
crammed into an odd position because there's no room for it otherwise --
it's small but needs a fair amount of space, including "air space" on
top to access the drive.]

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra. Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath. At night the ice weasels come. --Nietzsche

"Mr. Hams" <hampika1a2@gmail.com> writes:
> That's your opinion, sir.

Clever boy.

-Miles
--
"Suppose we've chosen the wrong god. Every time we go to church we're
just making him madder and madder." -- Homer Simpson

"Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:lTvie.18408$J12.2168@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
> It looks like a plain, black box.

If it plays games, I don't care if it looks like a turd.

"sea jai" <long@duck.dong> wrote in message

> "Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> It looks like a plain, black box.
>>
> If it plays games, I don't care if it looks like a turd.

I agree!

ken wrote:

> but not as great as the xbox 360 and ill probably never use the stand,
> it would have been cool if it worked the other way, skinny in depth intead
> of length like the xbox.. the ps3 looks absolutely awful and the controller
> even worse. the xbox controller looks like a huge improvement from the old
> one but its also looks like they pretty much just copied the wavebird.
> i can't wait to see the revolution controller

In my opinion, if it counts for anything, the Revo looks terrible. Very
unimaginative. The photos of the PS3 look OK, but I saw one in '3D' on TV
the other morning and when you get a good look at it 'in the flesh' it
actually looks ghastly - like a 'space age gadget' designed in the '70's!!!
It pains me to say that the xbox 360 actually looks the best of the bunch -
and I have no intention of ever buying an xbox!

But as someone else pointed out, it can look like a turd as long as it plays
good games!

Regards,

--

"Mark McDougall" <msmcdoug@no.spam.iinet> wrote in message
> ken wrote:
>
> > but not as great as the xbox 360 and ill probably never use the stand,
> > it would have been cool if it worked the other way, skinny in depth intead
> > of length like the xbox.. the ps3 looks absolutely awful and the controller
> > even worse. the xbox controller looks like a huge improvement from the old
> > one but its also looks like they pretty much just copied the wavebird.
> > i can't wait to see the revolution controller
>
> In my opinion, if it counts for anything, the Revo looks terrible. Very
> unimaginative.

You're right. It should look like a turd.

Mark McDougall wrote in alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube:

> In my opinion, if it counts for anything, the Revo looks terrible.
> Very unimaginative.

Well, Mr. Iwata did mention at Nintendo's E3 press conference that the
device shown was an engineering prototype, and that the final product
would likely be smaller. Given Revo's rumored 2006 launch date, I'd say
Nintendo has sufficient time to "jazz up" the console's physical design.

I, for one, am still curious as to what the Revo's controllers would
look like, though.

--
Glenn Shaw • Indianapolis, IN USA
.... looking forward to playing 20 years' worth of Nintendo games....

Mark McDougall <msmcdoug@no.spam.iinet> writes:
> It pains me to say that the xbox 360 actually looks the best of the
> bunch - and I have no intention of ever buying an xbox!

I dunno, the 360 looks to me like a cheap after-market PC case, shooting
for "modern stylish design" but simply not having any design talent to
pull it off; the end result is really tacky.

Both the 360 and the ps3 look like typical examples of sort of horrid
design that you often see on Japanese consumer electronics these days,
which I guess results from the designers having incredibly powerful
tools and processes (seemingly allowing them to make just about any
shape in a cost-effective manner), but no talent. You know what I'm
talking about: lots of free curves, bulbous jelly-bean shapes, no
straight lines, chrome and colored trim stuck on in apparently random
places.

[This is especially disappointing coming from Sony, who's _other_
divisions manage to turn out consistently good industrial design; is SCE
really so separate from the parent company that they can't share that
talent?]

The revo's shape is pretty boring; whether it actually ends up working
in the end depends a lot on the details. Nintendo's had fairly strong
design in recent years, so maybe they can pull it off though.

-miles
--
I'm beginning to think that life is just one long Yoko Ono album; no rhyme
or reason, just a lot of incoherent shrieks and then it's over. --Ian Wolff