Display resolution no problem vista problem windows 7

julius_09

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
I switch from Windows Vista Business to windows 7 Professional just last week and the problem started. In vista ther is no problem y display resolution and I can use programs like blackberry desktop manager and roxio but with windows 7 Both programs don not open and they display a message that they need a minimum display resolutiof of 1024 x 768 and no the 1024 x 600 that my monitor has. But in Vista the resolution of the same notebook, an ASUS 10NJh , WAS 1024 X 768. I tried the new driver for the Nvidia G Force but it does not work. Any ideas to solve this problem ?????
Julio.

ainarssems

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2008
According to specs on Asus website N10Jh has WSVGA screen which are 1024x600 or 1024x576. So W 7 is recognizing screen properly and using best resolution.

If You need to increase resolution for some software open Nvidia control panel, choose change resolution, click on Add resolutions, tick the box Resolutions not exposed by display and tick boxes for the resolutions You require, If it is not in the list click on Create custom resoultion and create desired resolution. press OK. New resolution should now apper on the resolution listfor You to selest.

julius_09

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010

Thank you for your answer. I tried all the indications that you mentioned but it does not work. When I test the custom resolution the answer is the TEST FAILED. i HAVE TRIED A THOUSAND TIMES AND NOTHING. TANKS FOR YOUR IDEAS.