Which hardware is limiting Crysis 2 playability?

Hello,
Crysis 2 is playable on my PC but gets a bit choppy is open areas and where there are multiple enemies and effects going off. Not sure what hardware I may need to upgrade and would to hear what you think. Here's my PC config:
ASUS P6T, I7-920 CPU, 6GB Viper Ram, eVGA GTS 250 (512MB), 1 TB WD HD, Audigy 2 sound card, Vista 64bit, latest drivers and updates installed. Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about which hardware limiting crysis playability
  1. The GPU for sure. Something like a GTX 560Ti or HD 6870 would be a lot better.
  2. I agree with jmsellars1, your GPU is not fast enough with your current setup.
    PS. 560Ti need a PSU with at least 500W with 2x 6-pin power connectors, same thing with HD 6870
  3. I use a 20" Samsung SyncMaster 206bw display with a native resolution of 1680x1050. Have a Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX Power Supply with 4 x 6+2-Pin power connectors, thinking someday I might be able to configure 2 way or even 3 way SLI. But for now I can only save to afford just one good video card to replace what I have now. Thanks for the taking the time to share your knowledge and opinions.
  4. If your looking into multiple monitors, ATI cards are probably the way to go. 2GB 6950 or 6970 would be about right :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Hardware Crysis Systems