Which hardware is limiting Crysis 2 playability?

Hello,
Crysis 2 is playable on my PC but gets a bit choppy is open areas and where there are multiple enemies and effects going off. Not sure what hardware I may need to upgrade and would to hear what you think. Here's my PC config:
ASUS P6T, I7-920 CPU, 6GB Viper Ram, eVGA GTS 250 (512MB), 1 TB WD HD, Audigy 2 sound card, Vista 64bit, latest drivers and updates installed. Thanks.
6 answers Last reply
More about which hardware limiting crysis playability
  1. The GPU is weak. Upgrade the gpu and be happy!
  2. The gpu is indeed the weakest part of the system .

What you should replace it with depends on 1/ your budget and 2/ the resolution of your monitor
  3. GPU is weak, sound card is bloated and hard drive is slow compared to SSD.
  4. I use a 20" Samsung SyncMaster 206bw display with a native resolution of 1680x1050. Have a Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX Power Supply with 4 x 6+2-Pin power connectors, thinking someday I might be able to configure 2 way or even 3 way SLI. But for now I can only save to afford just one good video card to replace what I have now. Thanks for the taking the time to share your knowledge and opinions.
  5. maybe try a gtx 560 ti
  6. zuman001 said:
    I use a 20" Samsung SyncMaster 206bw display with a native resolution of 1680x1050. Have a Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX Power Supply with 4 x 6+2-Pin power connectors, thinking someday I might be able to configure 2 way or even 3 way SLI. But for now I can only save to afford just one good video card to replace what I have now. Thanks for the taking the time to share your knowledge and opinions.

How much do you have available to spend on the GPU? The 6850/6870 would get you good performance for under $180.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Hardware Crysis Systems