New Gaming System

PCeer

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
Sup everyone. Its been a few years since I've been part of the PC community. I had AMD x2 when it fried itself. Never got around to building a new rig. Instead moved to a new state, got a new job, and bought my first home. Purchased a PS3 and have been gaming on it since. But I've always wanted to get back to gaming on the PC..

I pretty much have a clean slate to work with. Nothing remains of the old system from years ago. Dont even have a keyboard, mouse or display.

I do have 1 piece though. An Antec 902 case, so I will build into that. Owning my 1st home has put me on a budget. I have listed the parts I am interested in and some parts I am still undecided on..

Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Gaming Case
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz
ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus
G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)
SeaSonic X Series X-850 850W SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB
MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr III PE/OC GeForce GTX 570 (WLL get another and run in SLI)
SSD- future addition
display - undecided

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB seems to be the HDD of choice currently. It costs around $60 US or £40 UK (not sure where your buying from?)

PSU - Since your going with GTX570 with a plan to SLI, id recommend an 850w PSU. Or alternatively buy a smaller 600w PSU just to run a single card. 750w falls into that area of too much, or not quite enough.

Motherboard choice is good, but it might be worth taking a look at the new ASRock GEN3 motherboards which come with PCI 3.0 support.
ASRock Extreme3 GEN3 and;
ASRock Extreme4 GEN4
Both seem to be popular choices. (There's a few BIOS issues i believe currently which is limiting overclocking but this should be patched fairly quickly.

tomskent

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
everything looks good.
it would be a waste as an internet computer even in 3 years.
youll just be able to put in a new gen video card and you'll be all set for a couple more years after that :)

PCeer

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
Upgraded to a Seasonic 850w. I was originally going to go with a P67 Extreme4 but I liked the black style of the Gigabyte. Guess better future proof myself with the pci-e 3.0 so I will go back to the P67 and save a few bucks.