Solved

Does a Gigabyte GA 970A UD3 support PCI-E 3.0

Do a gigabyte GA 970A UD3 and phenom II X4 965 support PCI-E 3.0? I mean will i be able to use a graphics card like a GTX 660ti without a bottleneck?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about does gigabyte 970a support
  1. Best answer
    No, there are currently no AMD chipsets that support PCIe 3.0 natively.

PCIe 2.0 will not "bottleneck" any current graphics card.
  2. sykozis said:
    No, there are currently no AMD chipsets that support PCIe 3.0 natively.

PCIe 2.0 will not "bottleneck" any current graphics card.

So i would be able to use the entire power of the GTX 660ti?
  3. Best answer selected by lazar_99.
  4. Lazar_99 said:
    So i would be able to use the entire power of the GTX 660ti?

So long as the processor doesn't bottleneck it, yes.
  5. I've recently ordered some parts for my next build.

Among them.
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    Gigabyte GTX660
    Amd 965 phenom BE

When I'm reading this I get kinda nervous. Will this fail? And also, pci-e 3.0 which apparently can send x32. What does it really mean? What is it that it sends in terms of speed?
  6. For AMD based systems PCIe 3.0 means nothing. AMD does not currently have a chipset that supports PCIe 3.0.

PCIe 3.0, compared to PCIe 2.0 is, for the most part, a difference in available bandwidth per lane and reduced overhead for communications. There are, of course, other underlying differences but they don't have a noticeable impact on consumers.

PCIe communication bus is split into lanes. Each lane carries a certain amount of data as defined by the applicable spec. For each expansion slot, you have from 1 to 16 lanes depending on the exact expansion slot. A PCIe controller with 32 lanes (PCIe x32) allows for 2, PCIe x16 slots or any combination of expansion slots totaling 32 lanes.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Support Gigabyte PCI Express