New GPU help(AMD Radeon 6670)

pr0adam

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
Hi. I recently got a new computer;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229266&Tpk=cyberpowerpc%201314

And Ive been having some trouble with the Graphics card(AMD Radeon 6670 1gb).
Before, I always got the message saying something like the catalyst control center doesnt support your current graphics adapter. please change your adapter in devices manager. In dxdiag and device manager, it only showed intel HD graphics family. It never mentioned AMD Radeon 6670. In catalyst control center, it showed intel HD graphics family also, and gave me very limited options to what I could do. So I uninstalled catalyst control center and the drivers.

I noticed after the fact I plugged the DVI cable from my monitor to my motherboard rather than the slots on my actual graphics card. I plugged the cable in to my gpu and nothing comes up, I figured this was the lack of drivers. So I went and downloaded this:
http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx
I downloaded the Catalyst Suite.

Catalyst control center now doesnt appear at the beginning saying I have an error, but plugging the DVI cable into my Graphics card still displays nothing.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. If I left out some important bits of information let me know, this is my first post and first time asking for computer hardware help. Thank you.

pr0adam

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
How do I go about deleting the motherboard drivers? Also, if i delete these drivers, and the GPU ones arent on, wont that mean I wpnt see anything at all?

pr0adam

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
Well I checked to see if it was loose and it doesnt seem to be because when the power goes on, the cards fan spins. Will still try messing around with various drivers.

pr0adam

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
The thing is when I install the new drivers, catalyst control center doesnt appear on the taskbar like it did before, no message pops up saying that it doesnt work with my graphics adapter, and the DVI port on my GPU still displays a black screen.

pr0adam

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
So I opened the case up to see if it was loose, it wasnt. I reinstalled Windows 7 because I thought that would do something, it didnt. Before when I was configuring this I tried using this program called DrvierSweeper I feel as though that may have caused this issue when I used it to remove my ATI drivers

jfks

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2011
I am having the exact same problem - booted up my computer with the monitor plugged into the onboard vga instead of the graphics card, and now when i boot it up with the monitor plugged into the graphics card it says no signal detected. this problem is coupled with the fact that the wireless card i bought was the wrong sort of plug in, so i have to return it and get the right kind.... /sigh. Is there any solution that doesn't involve downloading drivers off the internet?

jomo601

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
if your capable of doing so, remove the graphics card and just re-seat it in the slot firmly. Also, if you remove the gpu drivers, it will default to standard vga drivers, you will get display and you can then install the latest drivers.

I did this and it fixed the problem.

Thanks iam2thecrowe.

re-seat it in the slot anyway, just because it looks in there firmly doesnt mean the contacts are aligned.

TRENDING THREADS