Hello all, I have a problem with my laptop when connecting to my home wifi. I can never connect to my wifi from my room. I have full access, and the connection strength is excelent. When i connect in another room, and then walk back to my room, it works fine and I can access the internet, but whenever i try to connect from my room, it won't work.
I have a Samsung R530 with windows 7 and a lynksys WRT110 router if that helps. Thanks
You may have foil insulated drywall board. In any case it may be worth trying to optimise your reception and avoid interference.
1) raise the router above furniture level
2) Experiment with channels (some will work better or worse depending on your environment)
3) If you can detect strong neighbouring wifi, use a channel 5 stops away from strongest.
4) Relocate cordless phone base or video sender etc.
5) Be prepared to move the computer (or at least turn it so your body is not between the router signal and the wireless adapter's antenna.