I built my first PC! I put it all together and it booted right up (after I figured out which output on the video card to plug into!)
Really enjoyed it and was actually suprised that it worked out the first time...
Anyway, here is my build:
- Intel Core i5 2500K
- Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 LGA 1155 Motherboard (R)
- HyperX blu 8GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) (2x4GB) (R)
- EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 SE 1024MB Video Card (R)
- Thermaltake Dokker ATX Mid Tower Case (R)
- OCZ 120GB Solid State Drive (Windows drive) (R)
- Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 7200 RPM 1.5 TB (Storage drive)
- CoolerMaster eXtreme Power Plus 600W ATX Power Supply (R)
- Samsung 22X DVD±RW Burner with Dual Layer Support
- 58 in 1 media reader with USB 3.0
I based my decisions a lot on rebates, marked as (R) above... I paid under $650 after rebates and tax.
All in all I think this is a pretty solid build for that price and I love the fact that the BIOS has so many customizable settings, unlike my Dell.
Passmark benchmark was high 6000's for the processor, overall was somewhere around 2700.
Thinking I might get into overclocking too, now that I have a machine that can do that.