Closed Solved

OMG! LOOK HERE!

Hi guys!

So I'm having trouble deciding what graphic card or graphic cards to go with!
Here is the build with specs of what im building:

Case: Azza CSAZ-1000
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro B3
Ram: Patriot PXD38G1866ELK Viper Xtreme 1866MHz
Processor: 2600k 3.8 turbo boost
Fan for processor: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
Power Supply:Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200
Graphic Cards: SLI MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III or GTX 590 OR GTX 590 OR Radeon HD 6990
Hard Drive: In process of deciding

SO, SLI MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III or GTX 590 OR GTX 590 OR Radeon HD 6990?
With my rig not having any money limit, I'm just really unsure of which graphic card to get!

Thanks guys! :bounce:
16 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about here
  1. You'll get better performance and bang for your buck with the SLIed 570s over any of the dual GPU cards like the 590 or 6990. Dual GPU cards tend to be overpriced for the performance you get out of them. The two 570s would be cheaper and yield better performance than either the 590 or 6990.
  2. keep in mind the 570's have a lower amount of vram. if your playing at higher than 1080p or like large texture packs on games etc, then something with 2gb vram would be better, like 2 x 6950's/6970's
  3. ill be gaming at the 1080 and no higher resolution
  4. Mgizle said:
    ill be gaming at the 1080 and no higher resolution

In which case, an HD 6950 will be more than enough. Spend the money saved elsewhere like a 7.1 Sound System, more monitors, a Lazy Boy... :)
  5. I don't think your going to need anything more than a HD6970 2GB or GTX580, that should keep you going for some time.

You don't need a 1200w psu, even if you get 2 cards.
  6. Well , all the parts I have listed in my specs are already at my house...its just the graphic card and a harddrive that I'm trying to figure out....hard drive I already have a topic open for that so guys are helping me out....the graphic card thing is my biggest concern because I want to max out on every game and id rather stick to one card than SLI or CROSSFIRE...
  7. "not having a money limit" is not the same thing as 'wishing to blow as much of it as possible'...right?

I'd investigate the performance of a pair of 6950's (2 gb variants, worth about $230 each, or, $460) in Crossfire relative to the cost/performance of a 6990....
  8. Mgizle said:
    Well , all the parts I have listed in my specs are already at my house...its just the graphic card and a harddrive that I'm trying to figure out....hard drive I already have a topic open for that so guys are helping me out....the graphic card thing is my biggest concern because I want to max out on every game and id rather stick to one card than SLI or CROSSFIRE...

If you want to max out "every" game @ 1080p, I'd recommend either 560ti's or 6950's. Both will do well at 1080p. If you ever plan to add 2 more monitors to your system in the future, you would likely want to go with 6950's. If you plan to go into 3D gaming, then you'd want to go for 560ti's instead.
  9. Alright ill go with the sli 6950s but what brand do you guys recommend?
  10. Wait, is one 6950 2gb enough to max out most games on a single monitor 1920x1080p or is the gtx 570 recommended?

I do not know the brands for the 6950s.
  11. Best answer
    For a single monitor, to max most games, rather than all games, then ya, a gtx 570 or HD 6970 would get you there. There is a difference between "every" and "most".
  12. Would a gtx570 be able to handle most with how much fps? Depending on what game? Is there a website where I can check?
    And is it worth buying another gtx570 if I stay at the same resolution and a single monitor?
  13. Well ill only be gaming on a single monitor and hoping to max out every game that I know ill play or try. And the games ill def. not touch are halo, gears of war, and sci fi games. I'm going mmorpg, first person shooter like cod, bf, medal of honor, none of that futuristic stuff like a plasma gun ...O.o... mw3 and diablo 3 will be my top 2.
  14. Yeah mgizle your just like me. I would rather play mmorpgs and first person shooters. I wonder which gpu I should buy.
  15. Best answer selected by mgizle.
  16. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Graphics