Sign in with
Your question
Solved

MCP73M01H1 foxconn replacement

Last response: in Motherboards
September 17, 2012 5:17:35 AM

Hello,
Need recommendations for any compatible mobo. Installed OS is Vista ( not HP pre-install ) If I go with simply any upgrade mobo will there be conflicts since it's not an HP version OS? Or do I need the exact board? Alternately can I install HD into another shell to extract /save data. Thanks

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
September 18, 2012 7:40:03 AM

okay.. just check these out...all are LGA 775 mobo's like the one you need replaced

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

you should go with a fresh install of the OS, I do not know the size of the foxconn mobo you have but probably you should go with a micro ATX size

sorry about the previous stupid post
good luck
-satyam
Related resources
September 25, 2012 2:22:14 AM

Thank you very much I'll look into those.

Sorry, I thought that the mobo itself might tell the tale. It's the standard HP a6514f, KT371AA, Foxconn Mobo MCP73M01H1 ( don't know if the MCP73M02H1 version would work, but I've seen a few around ) Pentium Dual-core, E2180 processor, invidia Geforce 7100, 3gig Mem. 300watt PS

Full HP specs page:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dlc=e...

I'm running Vista Ult. ( bought separately ) so I don't think I should encounter the need to reinstall as I would with the factory HP version. I may be wrong there but I hope not. If so I'll likely install a new hard drive since I don't want to lose what's on this one until I can extract the files I need.

Micro ATX (yes it is ) and LGA 775 - Thanks

current board specs:
•Manufacturer: Foxconn
•Form factor: microATX - 9.6 inches (24.4 cm) x 8.5 inches (21.5 cm)
•Chipset: GeForce 7100/nForce 630i
•Memory sockets: 2 x DDR2
•Front side bus speeds: 800/1066/1333 MHz
•Processor socket: 775
•Expansion Slots:
◦1 PCI Express x16 slot for graphics card
◦2 PCI Express x1 slots
◦1 PCI slot

Again thanks,
I'll follow up as soon as I get things fixed.
Have a great day.
October 13, 2012 3:14:33 AM

O.K. received my replacement MOBO Intel DG41RQI. Fit in nicely though I had to stretch some of the wiring to accommodate the different placements on the new board.

Powered up and get a short beep and display screen that allows me to go to bios or choose a boot option. If I choose bios I get to go there ( more on that ) but if I choose any boot option HD, DVD drive etc. the computer powers down.

Not sure where to go from here.

I am currently attempting to use the HD and OS ( vista ) as it was but with a different MOBO. Other panels have claimed that it is perfectly capable of being done and I prefer it if possible.

BIOS screen comes up and gives me bios code RQG411OH.86A.0013.2009.1223.1136
and recognizes my memory sticks and system as E 2180 @ 2GHZ w Bus & Mem Speed of 800MHZ

Lets me switch through the various pages using the keyboard but from here on I'm a noob and completely stuck.

Any idea's?
October 14, 2012 4:13:50 AM

Best answer selected by dysaan.
a b V Motherboard
October 15, 2012 6:00:57 PM

sorry about this late reply dysaan but I think its always better to go for a fresh install of the OS when you replace the mobo. Ideally, the OS must understand the changed hardware, boot up with basic hardware enabled and then install the drivers for the remaining hardware. though this sounds great, there are a lot of things that may cause it to just not work. Just go with a fresh install and let us know if you have any other problems
good luck
-satyam
!