New build, no improvment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

circulate

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
Hi guys, I recently built a new computer and I was wondering, where / when will I see the performance difference?

I went from:
Q6600 > i5 2500k

gtx 465 > gtx 560ti

4gigs ddr3 > 8 gigs ddr3

500w coolermaster > 750w antec

Playing WoW I can see the physical FPS number increase from before, but I can't visually see a difference.

40fps at ultra graphics or 60fps at ultra graphics, can't really tell?

Then playing team fortress, I can't really notice anything different.

Even things like watching youtube HD / web browsing, I thought it would be faster due to the 4+ gigs ddr3 and the new supercpu.

Solution
You're see huge performance increase in CPU power depending on whether or not you do CPU intensive programs.
You'll see an increase in FPS but not really any improvement. You'll reduce the micro-stuttering that is for sure. For some people they don't notice the stutter at 40 FPS, but for some. Like me, if it is an FPS you will notice the drop from 60 to 40 FPS. For that matter at 60 FPS sometimes you notice the delay if you went from 100 to 60.
TF2 you won't notice the difference because it's not graphically intensive. My 5850 can max out TF2 with max settings.
Youtube videos load times are related to your internet, not your CPU/Memory.
You're see huge performance increase in CPU power depending on whether or not you do CPU intensive programs.
You'll see an increase in FPS but not really any improvement. You'll reduce the micro-stuttering that is for sure. For some people they don't notice the stutter at 40 FPS, but for some. Like me, if it is an FPS you will notice the drop from 60 to 40 FPS. For that matter at 60 FPS sometimes you notice the delay if you went from 100 to 60.
TF2 you won't notice the difference because it's not graphically intensive. My 5850 can max out TF2 with max settings.
Youtube videos load times are related to your internet, not your CPU/Memory.

Solution

mildgamer001

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
try playing more intence games like battlefield bc2 or CoD black ops or halo reach you may see more of a difference there, but yea there is deffinite impovements with ur new system, you just havent really tested it out yet. or at least there had better be if you upgraded that much..

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Movies in cinema's operate at just 23FPS. Its generally said the human eye cant tell much difference past about 30FPS. If there was a sudden jump or dip, you might notice it, other than that anything over about 40FPS is considered to be fairly optimal performance in gaming.

mildgamer001

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011

guess when i have money to build my next rig i wont feel as much need to get over 65fps, which was kinda my goal at getting over for as cheap as possible, but if it really doesnt make much ifference then i could probably cut at least 100-200$ when i do build (prob next year)

Status
Not open for further replies.