Sign in with
Your question

Wet54G

Last response: in Wireless Networking
February 2, 2011 11:51:29 PM

I got a BRAND NEW linksys wet54g wireless Bridge this year for xmas. I've plugged it into the wall and connected the Ethernet to my computer, disabled my wireless in the hardware panel. I type in the ip 192.168.1.226 in the browser and there is no connection, tried it in IE and firefox, the setup utility is unable to find the wireless bridge, I tried it with the PC plugged into the router and the bridge plugged into router as one of the instructions said to do, ran the utility and it still fails. All the lights come on and blink, but I need to be able to tell this to connect to my wireless router so My blu ray player can stream over the network. I've also got a http://www.keenansystems.com/NL-5354AP1_Aries2_5GHz_2.4... that I don't have a wall wart for, I was wondering if the one for the linksys wart would work

More about : wet54g

a c 80 F Wireless
February 3, 2011 3:57:57 AM

are you connecting the WAN/Internet port or the LAN port to the wall?

you should connect the LAN port to the wall, NOT the Wan/Internet port.
m
l
February 3, 2011 8:17:29 PM

Emerald said:
are you connecting the WAN/Internet port or the LAN port to the wall?

you should connect the LAN port to the wall, NOT the Wan/Internet port.

I don't have any ethernet on the wall. The modem is still plugged into the router where it should be, and the wet54 is plugged into the router as you would a computer
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 3, 2011 8:30:10 PM

DId you set a static IP address on your computer in the 192.168.1.X range before trying to connect to the WET54G?
m
l
February 3, 2011 9:20:17 PM

it already has one in that range, do i need to set the router to match the ip of the wet54, they are both linksys, but one has an Ip of 192.168.1.1 and the wet is 192.168.1.226. sorry guys, but this sort of networking is beyond any of my knowledge, and I've already got people in my complex blowing through my encryption and even mac filtering and resetting my network to be completely free.
m
l
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 4, 2011 9:51:10 AM

No, you need to set a static IP address on your PC to 192.168.1.99 and connect an ethernet cable from the PC to the WET54G to get it setup. Are you using WPA?
m
l
February 4, 2011 5:16:55 PM

Quote:
No, you need to set a static IP address on your PC to 192.168.1.99 and connect an ethernet cable from the PC to the WET54G to get it setup. Are you using WPA?

How do I change the static IP on a pc? I'm only using Mac filtering right now
m
l
!