Different kinds of PCI-E power cables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
Hello,

I'm finishing up my first build and I'm about to connect two PCI-E cables from my Corsair 750W V2 to my GTX 570. However, upon closer inspection of the four available PCI-E cables, I noticed two have black stripes down the yellow wires going into the connector, as well as a fluorescent yellow dot on the connector by where the wires go in. The other two have nothing on the connectors, and the yellow wires are solid yellow...

Are these different voltages or kinds of PCI-E cables, or are they just maybe from different assembly lines?

Solution
If it's a single rail PSU, the PCIe cables all have to come from the same +12V circuit. I would use the cables in color coded matching pairs. But I doubt it would make any difference which pair of cables you used. It is probably just identifying the cables for you to pair up for 2 x 6 pin connections.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If it's a single rail PSU, the PCIe cables all have to come from the same +12V circuit. I would use the cables in color coded matching pairs. But I doubt it would make any difference which pair of cables you used. It is probably just identifying the cables for you to pair up for 2 x 6 pin connections.

Solution

wquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
Alright, thanks for the help! It turns out my ps has two rails, so those pairs are probably from different rails. I use two that look the same. Thanks again! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.